don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Candy Rangers Demo SAGE24

Overview

Share your score!

DiscordButton.png

Fight nature in Candy Rangers, an on-rails shooter game where you control 4 characters at once. Shoot down chains of enemies and get time bonuses to not run out of time! Use your team wisely!

Screenshots:

20240519204941_1.jpg 20240724210924_1.jpg 20240724210802_1.jpg 20240724211328_1.jpg 20240724211348_1.jpg 20240724213007_1.jpg 20240724213012_1.jpg 20240724212126_1.jpg 20240724212137_1.jpg

Mechanics

Shooting

Candy, you can shoot bullets sideways.
Mint can shoot them vertically.
Plum shoots them back and forth.
And lastly, Lemon’s bullets can clear diagonal formations.

descriptionShoot_eng.gif

Melee Attack

Your weapon is not merely a gun! Parry or hook to special objects to advance trough the levels!

descriptionParry_eng.gif

Jump, Dash and Brake

Jump over obstacles, dash to go faster or brake if you're feeling overwhelmed!

descriptionAvoid_eng.gif

Ranking

Score 5 stars ranks!

You will be ranked based on your
performance.
Try not to break the chain or get hit as that will hurt your ranking!

descriptionRank_eng.gif

Memories

Get a memory picture everytime you clear a level with a high score!

descriptionMemory_eng.gif

Ranger Medals

Find ranger medals!
They unlock levels and sometimes even boss encounters!

descriptionMedals_eng.gif

Our socials:
Controls:

D key / B: Shoot with Candy.
W key / Y: Shoot with Mint.
S key / A: Shoot with Plum.
A key / X: Shoot with Lemon.
Space bar / Left Trigger: Jump.
Left Mouse Button / Right Trigger: Dash.
Right Mouse Button / Right Bumper: Brake.
F key / Left Bumper: Parry.

Credits

Director
: Mechano
Additional and Tools Programming: Possqueen Vivi
Composing: PawsuMusic and Yell0
Logo design: Banboo Studio

SAGE23:
Check out how much the project's changed!

Candy Rangers

Candy Rangers

Check out the new version at SAGE24! Candy Rangers is an On Rail Shooter based around taking the most enemies out with a single shot. Play as Candy, Mint, Plum or Lemon, four sisters that live together and work as rangers to pay the bills. Each character has their own way of shooting...

Check out our pals!
Aureole - Wings of Hope (SAGE '24 Demo)

SAGE 2024 - Demo  Aureole - Wings of Hope (SAGE '24 Demo)

*You can upload your time to the global leaderboards through Steam's demo! ^^ ⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄ Aureole - Wings of Hope takes platforming to brand new heights...
Tricky and the Dream Caster: THE TRIAL

SAGE 2024 - Demo  Tricky and the Dream Caster: THE TRIAL

Tricky and the Dream Caster is a movement-centered collectathon that aesthetically takes after Sega's ill-fated final home console. Control Tricky O'Possum and his new morally ambiguous pal Volt as they traverse the astral plane to break free of Dream Caster's curse! Tricky and the Dream...

Latest reviews

Honestly not much to say about this one, it looks cute and it plays well, if you're into on rail shooters, you can't go wrong with this one.

I guess I don't really understand the timer mechanic, the one to keep the combo going, considering that it's up to the game when an enemy spawn, maybe instead have the combo drop off an enemy leaves the screen? But I guess this messes with certain parts of the level design.

But seriously, nothing to complain about, great game.
Reactions: Mechano
Mechano
Mechano
Thank you for playing!
Your timer is always depleting, and you have to take out chains to fill the gauge on your crosshair. Once the crosshair fills, you get extra time to keep going.
I was working right now on displaying the scoring system better and put out a patch for it. You can see it in action in this video.

Review for review!
Very cute game, visuals are pretty nice. The game automatically started at my native resolution which is 3440x1440, turns out to be 21:9. Menus did not scale very well but that's fine, I could resize the window. Also found it surprising that anti-aliasing was off.

Concept is pretty interesting, although making even just a few mistakes puts you down immediately into 1 star, pretty strict rating system. I enjoyed all the levels but the last one was giving me a rough time. The item/bridge system is not explained very well and not being able to suddenly shoot as one of the characters felt genuinely like a bug at first. Everything except the last level, can't complain. Even though I rather suck at it.

Oh, and the music gave me some Umihara Kawase vibes - well, except when it started to pull off a sick ass breakcore song. Pretty good on that musical front.
Wow, this is very, very nice! I didn't play the SAGE'23 version so I went blind in this and I really enjoyed my time.
The graphics are nice and colorful, the music is catchy and the gameplay works really well. I was afraid I would get stuck quite quickly because I am not that good at shoot'em ups, but almost managed to finish all the stages! (I ran out of time a couple of meters away from the finish circle in the last one, the bridge section is super cruel ^^)

The only thing that felt frustrating is how picking up objects is. I wish we could know in advance who will be incapacitated, and maybe switch the item from one character to another? I don't know, it felt like a major roadblock to me.
Oh, and the dialogs go by a little too fast. I would recommend letting the player press a key to move to the next line instead of having it all automatized, but maybe it was only a demo thing!

Overall, super nice game, I really want to see where this will go, congrats! Wishlisted!

Comments

Update!
Star rank shows up on the hud now. Your characters look a little nicer and theres a new final level for those who found 1.0's too hard.

Thank you for playing!

I guess I don't really see the point of this. The backgrounds are nice, and I like the windmill hair, but like backgrounds in a rhythm game, you can never really notice them because you're too busy waiting for the game to tell you exactly which button to press. But unlike in a rhythm game, there's no clear advance indication of when to press something.

I guess I don't really see the point of this. The backgrounds are nice, and I like the windmill hair, but like backgrounds in a rhythm game, you can never really notice them because you're too busy waiting for the game to tell you exactly which button to press. But unlike in a rhythm game, there's no clear advance indication of when to press something.
It's a rail shooter first with some slight rhythm mechanics. I understand the rhythm tag is unfortunate

Looking at other reviews, I'm glad to see I wasn't off-base in thinking the "picking up objects" mechanic in the last level wasn't introduced very well. Otherwise, I dig the arcadey style of this!

Item information

Added by
Mechano
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from Mechano