don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Blobun

Wonderful puzzle game! ^^ I always liked these kind of puzzles, and the later stages are indeed puzzling (in a good way). A lot of mechanics introduced here work really well, and I don't think I've ever seen in these kind of puzzle games before, so I really like the new twists added! Really excited to see what Blobun has instore next!
CyanSorcery
CyanSorcery
🦨thank you!! yea we got a lot of stuff cooking
I'm not the smartest puzzle gamer but I thought this game was very cute and charming!
CyanSorcery
CyanSorcery
🦊thank you so much!!
Should preface this with that I'm not typically one for puzzle games, but I have been following this developer for a while and wanted to give it a shot!
  • The presentation is great! Music is very pleasant, and the graphics have a nice round chunky look to them.
  • The puzzles quickly escalate in difficulty, in exactly the way you'd want it to. Puzzle 1-8 definitely had me staring at the screen and scratching my head for a bit.
  • The game is overall very good at introducing the player to new mechanics with small easy to understand puzzles before ramping up the complexity and combining these elements in novel ways, without needing a single line of tutorial text for these new mechanics!
Frankly I only have a couple of extremely minor nitpicks:
  • At least one puzzle was very easy and used an element which had already been introduced, and this puzzle came directly after one that had taken me a while to beat. It felt like it could perhaps have come earlier in the stage list.
  • One world 2 mechanic had me a little confused - a series of tiles cycles through three states, one of which acts as a wall. However, pressing to move directly into the tile allows it to cycle regardless, so it never seemed to present an actual obstacle to me. Admittedly, world 2 puzzles all seemed to bear the name "future puzzle", so forgive me if this is simply an experimental mechanic for now!
Overall: I had a very good time, and I can't wait to see the full game!
CyanSorcery
CyanSorcery
🦊Thank you!! Gonna get to your game soon too heh
I'm really curious which puzzle this was that was in the wrong order, because we weren't *positive* on the puzzle order but also, still ironing this out but feel like we've mostly got it. As for the floor pistons, yea those are actually from World 4, but there is no World 4 in the game so we put those in without much of an introduction, which kinda wasn't great admittedly, but we also wanted to show people that we have more in the works besides shapes that toggle blocks

Also we find it really funny that 1-8 is the one that seems to be stumping everyone. Maybe we shoulda put that one later LOL
Recommended for anyone who likes puzzle games! What makes this game unique is its focus on improvement/speedrunning technique; once you've got a level down you start learning to pull it off as fast and consistently as possible. I haven't played many other puzzlers with this kind of edge; it's very interesting and I'd like to see how the game evolves in the future!
CyanSorcery
CyanSorcery
🦊Thank you! Yea, really wanted to be able to lean into "ok, you've done it. Now let's see you do it well" vibe
Such a fun little puzzle game with cute designs and cute music!! The puzzles can be fiendish in a good way and compelling enough to stop you closing out of the game! Definitely one to master, simplistic but rewarding! Very talented devs <3 PLAY THIS GAME!
CyanSorcery
CyanSorcery
🐭Thank you so much!!
Very nice! Fantastic presentation and solid puzzle design. I especially appreciate that there's an option to make the level reset as soon as you make a mistake. I was worried that the game would feel too easy otherwise.
CyanSorcery
CyanSorcery
🐭Thank you! Yea we felt it was really important to add that so you could try again right away, as an alternative to just mashing Undo a lot
Played through both the worlds in the demo and it was great!
It was very fun trying to get a a feel for how to fill each area without retreading tiles you've already passed through, and the puzzle design is very good so far (The future puzzles were kind of tricky, but that's not a bad thing).
The game is very generous when it comes to actually solving puzzles and making progress, but trying to find the best route to avoid mistakes and doing it Fast is where things really get addicting.

The art, music, and presentation of the game are also good vibes in general.
  • Love
Reactions: CyanSorcery
CyanSorcery
CyanSorcery
🦨Still impressed by how fast you logged in to play and review it LOL Really appreciate the feedback, glad to hear that we are cooking 🧡