don't click here

Fan Game Untitled Sonic Fan Game (VERY EARLY DEMO)

Biticalifi

Press Start Screen
Jul 13, 2023
Just a very early demo to a 2D sonic fan game. Done to receive feedback on the physics and glitches so that new content may be created.
WINDOWS ONLY unfortunately.
Download instructions:
1. Right click the downloaded zip file and select "Extract All"
2. Open the new extracted folder, and run "Sonic Fan Game.exe"
3. Your device may say this file could be a threat, ignore this.
4. You can now play the demo.

Attachments

Last edited:

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
Got any screenshots or videos? Finding it kinda sus that you have only a single post here and it's a file one needs to download, you don't even mention if the game is 2D or 3D or what characters are playable and so on. "Here's a game, play it" as is doesn't really peak my interest either.

GerbilSoft

Administrator
Nov 3, 2017
gerbilsoft.com
This appears to be a Unity game, but Hybrid Analysis is rejecting it due to the ZIP having too many files.

@Biticalifi, can you update your initial post with a basic description of what this game is? Screenshots would help too.

xqrd_dev

Press Start Screen
Nov 27, 2021
Sonics jump ends too quickly and it needs to be a little more floaty.
When you run into slopes that go up sonic immidieatly looses speed and then magicly retains it after he goes off it (simillar thing happens when the slope goes down)
So maybe make sonic slow down not immideatly but slowly, i dont know how to describe it so i might aswell send some videos.
(EDIT: i cant send a video for comparison so im gonna post a link to a YT video )
View attachment HedgeFusion REV1 2023-07-19 10-22-53.mp4

Reactions: Biticalifi

Biticalifi

Press Start Screen
Jul 13, 2023
Got any screenshots or videos? Finding it kinda sus that you have only a single post here and it's a file one needs to download, you don't even mention if the game is 2D or 3D or what characters are playable and so on. "Here's a game, play it" as is doesn't really peak my interest either.
Hi, I'm new to this platform, I should have included some screenshots (now updated to include them), but the main reasons I put this here, was because I went over to reddit, asked for feedback on the physics, provided both a video and a link to the game over here. It was necessary that I provided a download at a reputable sonic fan game/mod archive, thus the only reason I really came here even though the game is at such an early stage.

Last edited:

Biticalifi

Press Start Screen
Jul 13, 2023
This appears to be a Unity game, but Hybrid Analysis is rejecting it due to the ZIP having too many files.

@Biticalifi, can you update your initial post with a basic description of what this game is? Screenshots would help too.
Hi, sorry but what is Hybrid Analysis, the zip folder only contains about 5 different files, one of which is the .exe, and the other 4 which are needed for the game to run, such as the Unity crash handler? I'll also make sure to update this description and add screenshots in the near future (now updated), although really the only reason it's here is because I needed to provide a download link from a reputable sonic fan game/mod archive for certain guidelines in reddit.

Last edited:

Biticalifi

Press Start Screen
Jul 13, 2023
Sonics jump ends too quickly and it needs to be a little more floaty.
When you run into slopes that go up sonic immidieatly looses speed and then magicly retains it after he goes off it (simillar thing happens when the slope goes down)
So maybe make sonic slow down not immideatly but slowly, i dont know how to describe it so i might aswell send some videos.
(EDIT: i cant send a video for comparison so im gonna post a link to a YT video )
View attachment 22313
Hey, thanks for the feedback! Slopes have been the trickiest part of his physics for me, especially since I started the whole thing from scratch. I'll make sure to improve. Once again, thanks for your feedback!

xqrd_dev

Press Start Screen
Nov 27, 2021
Hey, thanks for the feedback! Slopes have been the trickiest part of his physics for me, especially since I started the whole thing from scratch. I'll make sure to improve. Once again, thanks for your feedback!
honestly, keep it up, you might make a good sonic game/engine so im wishing the best luck for you dude 😀