Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Fan Game Sonic Damage Control [Currently Under Development]

Discussion in 'Creation Labs' started by TheMarioAmigos, May 25, 2018.

1. TheMarioAmigos

TheMarioAmigos Sonic Forces everyone to be memes

80811B83-70BD-4041-B97E-18D13BB203DA.png
    What in the world is THAT?!

This is Sonic Damage Control, a Fan Game that is based on the Fleetway Sonic stories, it will be developed in GMate in Game Maker 8 with a demo releasing SAGE 2019

Here is the latest video on the project:

Anyhow, we will come back with more content near SAGE 2019
    See ya!

Oh and here’s a screenshot of the game in action from the latest beta build:
    A5A41491-E5D9-4AB6-BC52-30865C137895.png

UPDATE:
    https://twitter.com/sonicdmggame/status/1007624152679927810?s=21

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. Prancer

Prancer Going Nowhere

*looks up what fleetway sonic stories are*
    Well, time to read a crap ton of Sonic The Comic stories.
    (btw this game looks really cool.)

3. WizToad

WizToad Wait who's this guy?

This isn't very good tbh. All the sprites in the footage shown don't blend together at all. You've got Sonic Mania assets with Sonic Advance 2 tiles and Mod.Gen Classic Sonic sprites. All of these have a very different art style and they clash way too much with each other. I suggest that you use new sprites for the game or make very heavy modifications to the already-existing assets you have.

4. Super Dirpy Fox

Super Dirpy Fox Just a random game creator...

I very much agree with you. Other than that I can say I'm happy it's running on GMate and not any other game maker Sonic engine. Anyways I would probably not use the Mod.Gen sprites because those are overused by many fan gamers. Other than that looking good!

5. Prancer

Prancer Going Nowhere

I only think he needs to work on the Sonic sprites. The Mania HUD and the Sonic Advance 2 tiles look good together in my opinion.

6. sonicultime

sonicultime E Rank Member

WOOAH is so cool

I would like to download it otherwise good luck :)

7. TheMarioAmigos

To address the issues: We are still working hard on the game as we can (at least, without laziness) I would’ve included the Discord server for the game but I decided to go against it due to a whole lot of reasons.
    And the reason there is no download yet, is due to the game actually getting a demo next year! Stay tuned for more information at @SonicDmgGame at Twitter!

8. TheMarioAmigos