don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Complete XGA

Overview

1719391243824.png

This is a Metroidvania fangame aiming to continue Metroid Fusion's focus on horror and the SA-X. Explore a huge, interconnected space station, fighting various monsters, upgrades and boss battles. Avoid XGA as getting caught means certain death....

:emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:SPECIAL EDITION OF XGA COMING 2025 :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:

Media

//PLAY THE GAME HERE//

Updates

None for now...but 2025....... :emoji_wink:

Credits

Dinar87 (code, art, story) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo6LTBCHRP_ZfNU_ws6peOA
Ciri (music and sound effects) https://www.youtube.com/@ciri494

///Freesounds.org (mostly sound effects)///
Conveyor Belt 2.wav - tosha73
Rolling Metal Conveyor Belt.wav - Razzvio
Sci Fi Interface - Jofae
MENEZ_Corentin_2016_2017_Monster Growling.wav - univ_lyon3
anime cat girl.wav - KurireeVA
Liquid Nitrogen.flac - qubodup
burglar alarm siren long alert warning sound 2 - vyclops
Tube deflating - Pastabra
Horror pack 1.mp3 - Aratron
Drone Horror Music 03 - Magmi.Soundtracks
HorrorSting1.mp3 - shelbyshark
Suspense Motif - jhumbucker
General Atmosphere of Metal Fabrication Workshop - iankath
Ambulance siren - sofialomba
Siren.wav - Jwade722
Sewer beast samples - Dasgoast
kingstalker snoring sfx - MENEZ_Corentin_2016_2017_Monster Growling.wav - univ_lyon3
Creature Wild Frost SFX - szegvari
Under Ocean Sounds.wav - bastardwrio
Rustling Grass - alegemaate

big metallic robot footsteps -gladkiy
RoboticArm.aiff - 4ntony
typing - Rodzuz
Robot/Mech movement - Breviceps
Footstep_Metal_5.wav - GiocoSound
Running - Juandamb
jumping_1.wav - ShaneF91
BallCatch.wav - ToastHatter
Thump.wav - Macif
Explosion2 - deleted_user_3544904
explosion+012.mp3 - deleted_user_5405837
Explosion_01.wav - tommccann
Lightsaber mk2.wav - chipfork71
lightsaber3.mp3 - gyzhor
Power Charge - Sojan

Electricity - FlashTrauma
CaveGorilla.wav - zatar
20 guage shotgun gunshot - michorvath
Machine Gun 002-single shot.ogg - pgi
Gun Hammer Click - magnuswaker
low mid afar explosion 1.wav - logicogonist
rpg launcher three shots.wav - klangfabrik
Bang/Explosion Metallic - Werra

projector_screen_moving.wav - Ottomani138
Stingers and Stabs 001.wav - rodincoil
Tornado Sound (better quality).ogg - Josh74000MC
laser_active_big - mazk1985
hightech_confirm2 - Tissman
TRAM_004.wav - rollingmill
Squeaking tram departing.wav - dersinnsspace
Fast Crawling Bu - dasrealized
Rocket Thrust effect.wav - LimitSnap_Creations
Rock destroy - Bertsz
Dead laptop sound - Rvgerxini
Electric Zap - Electricity - Wakerone
Chainsaw.wav - esperri
Chainsaw Noises 002.wav - yottasounds
Heart Beat - thenudo
Cordless Drill Drilling Wood - deleted_user_7146007
UnrelentingAgony1.wav - zimbot
monster bite - LucasDuff
Single Rock hitting wood2.wav - worthahep88
Shovel hitting metal swing frame.mp3 - Jadester64

Sword Stab Body Hit by -GeorgeDiamond- -- https://freesound.org/s/718259/ -- License: Attribution 4.0 (I modified the original sound)

Latest reviews

Disclaimer: I haven't finished the game yet. To be honest I hadn't realized it was a full game!

XGA is pretty much Metroid Fusion. The story starts in a similar fashion, the gameplay and the abilities you get are also very much Metroid-like - which I enjoy, given the Metroidvania these past 10 years started to borrow more and more from Hollow Knight that anything else.
I like the open nature of the game, as you are told to go to one sector first, but are free to visit three in the order of your choosing! The character controls well and the exploration feeling is well present, making it a fun and great time for any Metroid Fusion fan (which I am). It is, first and foremost, a Metroid-like and it does that thing very well.

Overall, I'd say that from what I've seen, my biggest gripe with the game is how close to Metroid Fusion it actually is. It's one thing to have a similar setting, but even the sectors seem very close to what Fusion did (Sector 1 is akin to a planet, like SRX, Sector 2 is the forest one, like TRO, Sector 3 is the fire one like PYR). In the end, you might be reminded of Fusion a little too much, but then again, Metroid Fusion came out... 23... years... ago... (Jesus!)
Also not a big fan of the writing? It doesn't flow as naturally as Adam or even the introduction. I'll have to keep playing to have a definitive opinion on that.

I had a great time playing XGA, and though I'd love some more original stuff or a few QoL features, let's not forget this is a free game that seem to have at least around 5 to 10 hours of content. My hat's off to you! And I'll go to the end for sure, probably not before the end of SAGE but I'll keep playing :)
Reactions: Dinar87
Dinar87
Dinar87
Thanks for the review! I'll try and add more original stuff going forward.

What did you think of the ammo mechanic? Did it make the gameplay more fun, or was it annoying?
Linky439
Linky439
I think it made it interesting and brought something different to the table, but I am not sure I understand when the auto-reload happens, this probably needs some clarification :)
Dinar87
Dinar87
I removed the auto reload (at least at the start) so the mechanics are clear and easier to understand.

What do I need to change about my game, that would make you like it enough to give it 5 stars?
I've already said everything I wanna say about it in the comments, but for when this blows up, I'll put it here as well for any poor soul that decides to read all this :P

Review for the SAGE 2024 Demo, version.....13.8.24 (that's probably a date, actually)

Lemme just link the comment instead for space purposes, actually... The Comment In Question

Some added negative bits for actually reviewing things;
Invisibility is extremely boring, I'm sorry. The ammo drains too fast to even bother using its upgrade, it's completely pointless when the sector states revert for any reason other than a key, and it's just kinda there on your weapon list now.
The shockwave emitter seems to do nothing after you get its upgrade other than being an extra key OH THAT REMINDS ME
The Nuke blatantly trivializes any future bossfight, even with the grace i-frames
Nano Armor allows you to completely ignore the Lap 2 upgrade from Sector 3 due to it continuing to ignore damage from all hazards even after it has depleted its ammo.
Bosses are...underwhelming at best, and concerningly trivial at worst. Most times you're more likely to die to sector hazards and basic enemies than bosses. Blatant example going to Sector 2's spike pods that do 4 damage for some reason while bosses are still only doing 2.
The Grace period encouraging charge shot use is fine to me, but maybe flash it at a much lower transparency. Some of the bosses are hard to see during their i-frame flashes, especially the "tutorial boss," given that it has a transparency layer and a texture filter slapped onto them.
This is still a fantastic job for a fan game expo, even more-so given it's an almost completely solo dev project, and I happily encourage you to continue making games.

Can you edit reviews? Looks like you can! Tacking on more commentary from my talk with the dev, and more appropriate reviewing:
I'll be honest; I came in expecting some cheesy, underdeveloped, broken mess, but despite my grievances with some aspects of it I had fun, and the people I heard about it from had fun from what I can tell. I'll go ahead and say "better than metroid dread" is a bit of a lofty ideal, especially for a solo project, but you still accomplished what you set out to do and made something that "feels like Metroid Fusion." I'd definitely do another few playthroughs again after the 2025 updates you speak of, and it's probably gonna keep having its own little place on my harddrive like the others. There's also the fact that almost everything is drawn in GIMP, which...I don't know how the hell you managed that when I can't even get that damn program to change a single color half the time XD I'll definitely say the art style made me nostalgic of a few flash games, and not once did I feel like the animations for the sprites were either too choppy or too smooth, so I'll definitely give you props for that. This is one of those games I'd be likely to toss into a conversation about third party -vanias if such a topic came up (it's more likely than you think when you have a yearly metroid hyperfixation :p), and I'll definitely be back to check on this every once in a while, but I'm not gonna just lie to your face and act like it's perfectly polished. It is a mess, but it's quite a fun mess once you figure it all out. Unintentionally breaking nearly everything on my first playthrough was not something I expected to do, but going through everything one step at a time and figuring out why it did was very fun on top of the already fun time I had with the game.

The dev has been very receptive and from what I here, and is already working on an update for several fixes and that's just pretty damn awesome 😎
Last edited:
Dinar87
Dinar87
Thanks for the review! I'll work on fixing these issues.

One thing I'm interested in hearing is about the bosses, and why you found the disappointing. What factors made them underwhelming in your opinion?
I want to preface this by saying despite what my wording may suggest, I don't think the game is bad - I just have a habit of singling out the bad rather than the good, in the interests of helping a good thing become even more good, or at the very least something to learn from for future games. As a Metroid Fusion clone, it works fine. But good lord is the exposition incredibly front loaded in this game - I swear the first like 5-10 minutes was just me clicking through text box after text box so bloated that the text never seems to fit on a single screen. I feel like a good chunk of this exposition could have been saved for somewhere closer to the midgame as a mercy to XGA's pacing, especially all that jazz about where the artifacts came from and why they're doing these things.

Some smaller nitpicks I jotted down while giving the game a try:

- Grace invulnerability on bosses in a game where your weapon fires rapidly feels unsatisfying. Personally I would remove that and just adjust their HP to compensate.
- Right after the first conversation with the ADAM analogue, the breakable obstructions seemed to have wonky collision and I somehow walked halfway inside one of them. Nothing serious, just immersion breaking.
- I can't tell if the reloading mechanic with the main gun is bugged or just poorly communicated. Sometimes it reloads when empty, sometimes it reloads halfway through the clip, sometimes it reloads after the very first shot, but there doesn't appear to be a way to reload manually? Fortunately it doesn't prevent you from firing and enemy encounters seem to be designed pretty well around the amount of ammo you have at any given time, so I guess I'm just more confused than annoyed.
- The music in Sector 1 cuts off abruptly between loops. This kind of thing is a pet peeve of mine - where possible you should probably be running your music through an audio editor (I recommend Audacity if you don't already have one) to better mask the exact point where the file loops, and fade ins / outs should probably be done in-engine rather than baked into the audio file.
Dinar87
Dinar87
Thanks for the feedback! I take it you played metroid fusion before? If yes, and the exposition was still annoying, then that's valuable for me to hear. I'm aiming for the 'metroid fans who love metroid fusion the most' audience (like me).

If you ever want to replay the game again, there's a skip option for not just both intro expositions, but all text. You need to press 'start' on your gamepad (for my xbox gamepad it's the hamburger icon button).

The bosses used to not have grace period but because of the x saber they all became way too easy with it. Plus having the grace period encourages using the charge shot.

You're not the first person to suggest manual reloading, so I'll add that in as it's not a one off criticism anymore. Also the ammo reloads automatically overtime atm. Should I remove this so it's more obvious what's happening?

For music looping, was it only sector 1's music that was the issue, or are there more tracks that need changing?
Blacklightning
Blacklightning
Between the two, I would consider XGA's pregame exposition dump more frustrating than Fusion's. It's frustrating that it's difficult to quantify exactly why, but I still maintain it would benefit a lot from sprinkling the artifact backstory throughout the game like how a Prime game might exposit through the scanner visor, or how ADAM would keep you informed of an evolving situation via choke points in Fusion.

I didn't realize the game had a charge shot. Anyway, could enemies just resist saber dmg? Or hypothetically, change resists mid fight? (EG: enemy is vulnerable to saber after armour is blown off with guns, or flip-flops to resist to guns or saber but never both)

Manual reload sounds nice, but this system I only really find hard to figure a pattern for. Functionally it works fine. idk, maybe change it to specifically a period of inactivity instead of time passed period?

As for music looping, I wasn't keeping track until Sector 1, that was the only time it stood out to me.
Dinar87
Dinar87
That makes sense. I was thinking of better explaining why XGA doesn't just immediately kill the player once breaking out, and part of that story is the energy waves both you and XGA sent out combine themselves and become the title screen's blackhole object. And this blackhole hid you temporarily. It would be an NPC that you could talk to, and it would replace Mark once he dies in the 2nd half. This blackhole could help fulfil the role of breaking up the intro's exposition as well.

Ah, so you must not be that far into the game then.

I've removed the automatic reloading to make the game mechanics more clear.

Comments

Excellent Metroidvania. You really captured that Metroid Fusion feel, though with enough differences to make this its own thing. I love the X-Saber! Great graphics, animation, music and use of sound effects. So far I've only explored the Main Sector and beat the Sector 1 boss, but I will keep playing to the end!

Excellent Metroidvania. You really captured that Metroid Fusion feel, though with enough differences to make this its own thing. I love the X-Saber! Great graphics, animation, music and use of sound effects. So far I've only explored the Main Sector and beat the Sector 1 boss, but I will keep playing to the end!
Thank you! I'd love to hear your final thoughts too once you finish the game!

Alright, I like what you're doing, and I really enjoyed this demo. Most of the abilities were pretty intuitive and simple to use, the blaster upgrades were fun and helped smooth the damage curve between your options, and
The Dash
felt great to play around with; especially after getting its upgrade
...but there's some stuff that definitely needs smoothing over. I'm just gonna drop every bug I've found so far in one *expanded list
  • There's the Sector 1 music bug has already been commented about

• The map tile for the Sector 2 tram is bugged after
    visiting Mark, even if you don't speak to him

• Normal music doesn't get restored after dying or saving
    while being chased by XGA
    until you leave and reenter a sector, or close and reopen the game
    • Said bug also causes the
      XGA Approaching SFX and proximity Heartbeat
      to not function until you reload leading to some...honestly pretty funny jumpscares

• The map's background is affected by the heated room background distortion [Though this doesn't disrupt the map tiles]

• One of the
    one-way switch doors
    can be hit from the other side with a well-placed
    Charge shot
    ...or just using a
    standing x-saber strike

• You're unable to
    double jump
    or
    Dash
    out of
    rolling slash (Jump and Melee)
    which...admittedly probably isn't a bug since there's an associated follow-through attack, but it's pretty poor game-feel

• There's no indicator to show that you can even speak to NPCs, despite there being a very important progression point locked by said action

• Starting a New Game immediately after full completion of the story does not actually start a NEW Game. Once the intro is finished, you have all of your abilities unlocked even after the first mandatory story event. This is fixed by starting a New Save File, closing the game, and reopening the game. There should be no load option and it should be a fresh start.

• These two rooms have a bugged connector and very briefly places you in the
    Nav room
    on the map......I'd post the screenshot, but I keep getting an error. It's the lower-most connector of the 2x2 and 2x3 rooms in Sector 0 right before the first
    Nav Room

• Settings adjustments made on the Title Screen are reset upon Starting a New Game or Loading a Game File

• Screen size settings are reset upon closing and reopening the game

• Sound settings reset to default (Maximum){Ow} when pausing the game to view the map unless you open and close the sound setting menu. This is fixed by entering a room transition.

• Control settings affect the menu while binding keys/buttons, making it significantly more difficult to alter Jump (Confirm), Spoiler[Early Game Ability] (Cancel)[I just checked preview and saw how annoying spoilers look omg I'm so sorry], Aim Down (Tab Left), and Aim Up (Tab Right). The menu is also intrinsically tied to these instead of being separate bindings, resulting in misleading menuing, especially if Aim Up and Aim Down are altered.

• Sector alterations, Security Drones, XGA position nodes, and enemy changes are completely reset and invalidated upon fighting the altered sector's boss. Security Drones specifically cease to exist after saving at any point only if the XGA fails to catch you. This doesn't feel intentional considering pathways that are opened change enemy spawns and player routing, and some critically detrimental environment changes simply....stop as though they never existed; namely Sector 2's Deforestation and utter extinction of plant-life due to lava from Sector 3. It also fully prevents you from grabbing the Life Module part in Sector 4 after killing its alteration boss. This is especially confusing if you've already gone back into Sector 1 after clearing the other three, as you don't need its alteration to initiate the other boss fights in it, resulting in a single room of frozen water before it never appears again

• There is absolutely no indication that you need to
    stand in front of the window in the Main Sector after clearing every sector.
    A forced event flag upon entering the room from any point might rectify this considering said event does not prevent you from re-entering previously explored areas.

• The Room Mark is hiding out in does not have a "Destroyed" State, and the cutscene resulting in your damaged, Red armor can be played repeatedly by exiting and re-entering the room, and speaking with Mark until you acquire Volt Drive

• The XGA does not seem to be able to spot you if you are standing in front of an available boss arena. Good for gameplay, given the door-locks; odd for immersion, considering you can be right in front of it.

• The XGA can spawn inside the center of the Main Sector room and immediately spot you after leaving a sector during the "Second Lap." This can result in it chasing you into the any of the Tram rooms. This doesn't cause anything except a severe jumpscare when it happens, but considering there is a game-ending stab action regardless of your current character state (e.g. x-spin, nano field) or health....potential softlock due to a loading transition and a death transition if the timing is particularly awful. This is, of course, assuming you aren't fully intangible to any hitboxes or event flags while the tram event is occurring.
Pretty sure that's all I've found, but it was definitely a fun vania to blitz through (with, admittedly, a hefty amount of assistance for the second half) once I found out about it :D

OH DAG NABBIT I *JUST* FOUND THE REVIEW BUTTON >:(

Alright, I like what you're doing, and I really enjoyed this demo. Most of the abilities were pretty intuitive and simple to use, the blaster upgrades were fun and helped smooth the damage curve between your options, and
The Dash
felt great to play around with; especially after getting its upgrade
...but there's some stuff that definitely needs smoothing over. I'm just gonna drop every bug I've found so far in one *expanded list
  • There's the Sector 1 music bug has already been commented about

• The map tile for the Sector 2 tram is bugged after
    visiting Mark, even if you don't speak to him

• Normal music doesn't get restored after dying or saving
    while being chased by XGA
    until you leave and reenter a sector, or close and reopen the game
    • Said bug also causes the
      XGA Approaching SFX and proximity Heartbeat
      to not function until you reload leading to some...honestly pretty funny jumpscares

• The map's background is affected by the heated room background distortion [Though this doesn't disrupt the map tiles]

• One of the
    one-way switch doors
    can be hit from the other side with a well-placed
    Charge shot
    ...or just using a
    standing x-saber strike

• You're unable to
    double jump
    or
    Dash
    out of
    rolling slash (Jump and Melee)
    which...admittedly probably isn't a bug since there's an associated follow-through attack, but it's pretty poor game-feel

• There's no indicator to show that you can even speak to NPCs, despite there being a very important progression point locked by said action

• Starting a New Game immediately after full completion of the story does not actually start a NEW Game. Once the intro is finished, you have all of your abilities unlocked even after the first mandatory story event. This is fixed by starting a New Save File, closing the game, and reopening the game. There should be no load option and it should be a fresh start.

• These two rooms have a bugged connector and very briefly places you in the
    Nav room
    on the map......I'd post the screenshot, but I keep getting an error. It's the lower-most connector of the 2x2 and 2x3 rooms in Sector 0 right before the first
    Nav Room

• Settings adjustments made on the Title Screen are reset upon Starting a New Game or Loading a Game File

• Screen size settings are reset upon closing and reopening the game

• Sound settings reset to default (Maximum){Ow} when pausing the game to view the map unless you open and close the sound setting menu. This is fixed by entering a room transition.

• Control settings affect the menu while binding keys/buttons, making it significantly more difficult to alter Jump (Confirm), Spoiler[Early Game Ability] (Cancel)[I just checked preview and saw how annoying spoilers look omg I'm so sorry], Aim Down (Tab Left), and Aim Up (Tab Right). The menu is also intrinsically tied to these instead of being separate bindings, resulting in misleading menuing, especially if Aim Up and Aim Down are altered.

• Sector alterations, Security Drones, XGA position nodes, and enemy changes are completely reset and invalidated upon fighting the altered sector's boss. Security Drones specifically cease to exist after saving at any point only if the XGA fails to catch you. This doesn't feel intentional considering pathways that are opened change enemy spawns and player routing, and some critically detrimental environment changes simply....stop as though they never existed; namely Sector 2's Deforestation and utter extinction of plant-life due to lava from Sector 3. It also fully prevents you from grabbing the Life Module part in Sector 4 after killing its alteration boss. This is especially confusing if you've already gone back into Sector 1 after clearing the other three, as you don't need its alteration to initiate the other boss fights in it, resulting in a single room of frozen water before it never appears again

• There is absolutely no indication that you need to
    stand in front of the window in the Main Sector after clearing every sector.
    A forced event flag upon entering the room from any point might rectify this considering said event does not prevent you from re-entering previously explored areas.

• The Room Mark is hiding out in does not have a "Destroyed" State, and the cutscene resulting in your damaged, Red armor can be played repeatedly by exiting and re-entering the room, and speaking with Mark until you acquire Volt Drive

• The XGA does not seem to be able to spot you if you are standing in front of an available boss arena. Good for gameplay, given the door-locks; odd for immersion, considering you can be right in front of it.

• The XGA can spawn inside the center of the Main Sector room and immediately spot you after leaving a sector during the "Second Lap." This can result in it chasing you into the any of the Tram rooms. This doesn't cause anything except a severe jumpscare when it happens, but considering there is a game-ending stab action regardless of your current character state (e.g. x-spin, nano field) or health....potential softlock due to a loading transition and a death transition if the timing is particularly awful. This is, of course, assuming you aren't fully intangible to any hitboxes or event flags while the tram event is occurring.
Pretty sure that's all I've found, but it was definitely a fun vania to blitz through (with, admittedly, a hefty amount of assistance for the second half) once I found out about it :D

OH DAG NABBIT I *JUST* FOUND THE REVIEW BUTTON >:(
Thanks for the feedback. Though for some of them I can't actually see which rooms you're talking about.
Could you link me your completed save file? It would help massively with debugging.

I'm going to fix as many bugs/issues as I can.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Though for some of them I can't actually see which rooms you're talking about.
Could you link me your completed save file? It would help massively with debugging.

I already started a new game ^~^'
The room with the bugged node I mentioned is at the very start of the game, after the first cutscene/event that occurs before you truly begin playing. I can't attach it using the picture embed feature, but I'll see if the "Attach files" button will work this time. This is the only instance of an actual map *screen bug; everything else is either sound, music, or entity issues.

speaking of, I'll put that other entity issue I reminded myself of in the review right here
  • The large
    White/Grey gates
    that require the
    Super Shockwave Emitter
    do not fully despawn until their icon fully disappears from the mini*-map. Pausing an unpausing will cause its collision to reactivate *without actually showing it's there, soft-locking you and requiring a reload, while exiting & reentering the room will *just cause it to respawn.

Doesn't seem like I can attach files either. Probably a "Brand New Account" security thing

Last edited:

I'll go ahead and blitz through it again later tonight (about 10 hours from now [so I should have the files about 15 hours from now if I'm being generous]) so I can get those* files* for you whenever I'm allowed to post them*. Side note...where is the save file located ^~^'

I already started a new game ^~^'
The room with the bugged node I mentioned is at the very start of the game, after the first cutscene/event that occurs before you truly begin playing. I can't attach it using the picture embed feature, but I'll see if the "Attach files" button will work this time. This is the only instance of an actual map *screen bug; everything else is either sound, music, or entity issues.

speaking of, I'll put that other entity issue I reminded myself of in the review right here
  • The large
    White/Grey gates
    that require the
    Super Shockwave Emitter
    do not fully despawn until their icon fully disappears from the mini*-map. Pausing an unpausing will cause its collision to reactivate *without actually showing it's there, soft-locking you and requiring a reload, while exiting & reentering the room will *just cause it to respawn.

Doesn't seem like I can attach files either. Probably a "Brand New Account" security thing
Nice catch with the super shockwave gates.

For the first "node" do you mean the inaccessible white door in the intro, or something else?

Nice catch with the super shockwave gates.

For the first "node" do you mean the inaccessible white door in the intro, or something else?
Let me try and see if the site will let me post an imgur link instead

if it loads, the red line is the pair of rooms being passed through (either side works scratch that, it's just while coming from the right), and the red dot is the room it places you in for a couple of frames by mistake. This also has the funny effect of putting you into the air for a bit when it corrects your position instead of keeping you on the ground; *only while the power is off, it seems.

Let me try and see if the site will let me post an imgur link instead

if it loads, the red line is the pair of rooms being passed through (either side works scratch that, it's just while coming from the right), and the red dot is the room it places you in for a couple of frames by mistake. This also has the funny effect of putting you into the air for a bit when it corrects your position instead of keeping you on the ground; *only while the power is off, it seems.
I think I know the bug you're talking about. Immediately as soon as you've transitioned to a new room, the player seems to teleport randomly somewhere and then teleports back to the proper location next to the door.

New bug! Picking up any item while in the
X-Spin
animation will freeze your character in place in idle animation until you press jump

Here's the room with the skippable one-way

Here's some more bugged map tiles

Here's a save file right before talking to the mid-game starting npc so you can play around with looping the scene repeatedly until you're bored
Google Drive Link cus attached files still won't work for me (I've tried swapping browsers, yes) {I should've known it was in appdata, it's a gamemaker game}
.....ok, on this save-file I'm incapable of repeating the cutscene...maybe I should've backed one up the first time it happened :emoji_face_palm: well, if the lights don't cut off after the cutscene ends, you're allowed to repeat the cutscene as many times as you'd like

OK NEW BUG if you mash interact/jump/talk during the cutscene immediately after the dialogue box closes, the dialogue box will reopen. This also causes the text to be displaced when the cutscene ends if the dialogue box is still open. This apparently also hard-locks the game, leaving you unable to do anything except close and reopen it as you can't open the menu during cutscenes.

Here's the room with the camera that simply despawns if you escape unscathed after being caught by it. Very first room of sector 1

Sorry about this being a lot later than I said it would be, I took a break after dinner to play something else ^~^'
Makes me wonder how many of the event bugs are fixed by closing the game...

I'll send another reply with a completed save (title screen after final boss finish) when I get to it so you can check the whole new save old items thing :P

I think I know the bug you're talking about. Immediately as soon as you've transitioned to a new room, the player seems to teleport randomly somewhere and then teleports back to the proper location next to the door.
Yep! It might honestly just be a gamemaker thing cus I know it's weird with how it handles rooms sometimes

Hey I changed the boss transparency as shown here. Is this right?
That's much clearer, yeah! That'll make seeing when to dodge the Sector 1 snail much easier while it's rolling. It'll help with stationary bosses with briefer tells like the Sector 2 fight as well

Blah Blah Blah Blah......

Here's the room with the camera that simply despawns if you escape unscathed after being caught by it. Very first room of sector 1

Sorry about this being a lot later than I said it would be, I took a break after dinner to play something else ^~^'
Makes me wonder how many of the event bugs are fixed by closing the game...
If you've already completed every boss in Sector 1 before the NPC cutscene, taking this path through sector 1 reverts it to its pre-cutscene state for reasons I don't quite understand

Google Drive Link 2 And Here's a completed file
Why do I end with 1 extra Life Machine, btw? Not even a full life, just a 1/3 tank

Saving, closing, and reopening will keep all your items, but properly delete your map progress

Edit: ONLY the map progress. Items collected and bosses defeated do not respawn

Last edited:
OH HEY You can do the npc cutscene repeat glitch in NG+ at least. still no idea what causes it normally

Here's what it looks like when you're able to cause a repeat

OH HEY You can do the npc cutscene repeat glitch in NG+ at least. still no idea what causes it normally

Here's what it looks like when you're able to cause a repeat
Your images are not showing up for me. They're completely pure white with no image inside.

That's much clearer, yeah! That'll make seeing when to dodge the Sector 1 snail much easier while it's rolling. It'll help with stationary bosses with briefer tells like the Sector 2 fight as well
That's good. Another bug rejected!

Item information

Added by
Dinar87
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.67 star(s) 3 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games