don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Tricky and the Dream Caster: THE TRIAL

I think the game, as a concept, is really well done. And the execution is, for the most part, very well done. I love the little homages to the Dreamcast (even the name is an homage! :D) and even including some of Sonic Adventure's little imperfections, like the voice acting being overlapped on top of each other (the voice acting btw is really good) to make it a true experience you'd find on the Dreamcast. Unfortunately there are some problems like some bugs here and there, but my biggest complaint is the map is often very open and big but there's nothing to really see or interact with. I think adding more things to do would greatly help with that though. Overall, it's hovering above 8 to 9 out of ten for me.
This is the stuff I need. Really fun movement options, amazing visuals that give me both saturn and dreamcast vibes, and pleasant voice acting that surprised me. Small bugs like speeding through text locking me in place and some animations getting stuck if I try to do movement techs too fast in a row are things I could overlock for how good this premise is. Really hope to see this project flourish or even get a steam release.
Great movement mechanics, voice acting and map design. Really faithful recreation of the DC menu aswell! My only gripes are the final boss being a bit confusing to beat and the lack of camera controls. Would love to have sensitivity settings and axis inversion settings. The artstyle is also very well done! I'm looking forward to see the map complete with more props and things to do like platforming challenges and secrets.
Cool game, the Crash Bandicoot movement in this 3D game feels good to master with the slide jump and all.
The warp checkpoint is awesome with an open zone like this.

Overall this was a fun game, good luck developing!