don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo The Super Mario Bros Movie Game

Overview

THIS AIN'T NO GAME, well... it is..... NOW!

Experience and play through the highest grossing animated movie of 2023 in an all new epic way through an action packed retro story driven 2D Platformer! When struggling & failing Brooklyn plumbers who are brothers and best friends, Mario and Luigi, resolve to fix a water main after a mysterious disastrous flood occurs, the two get separated and end up in a parallel world known as Planet Nin. While Mario ends up in the wonderful Mushroom Kingdom ruled by the kind-hearted Princess Peach Toadstool and is home to the Toad Species, Luigi ends up in the evil King of the Koopas domain named the Darklands. The King, Bowser. with his wizardly adviser and father figure, Kamek, and his council, the Elite Trio (Who bicker over who deserves to be promoted to Emperor), plan to rule both Earth and Nin at once, marry Princess Peach and collect all 6 Power stars to gain unlimited power. Mario, Peach and one of the Peach's brave subjects named Toad/Kinopio, team up to save Luigi, collect the power stars and recruit an army and stop Bowser's plans, while tapping into the powers they never knew they had in them. Meanwhile, Luigi goes on his own journey through the Darklands and eventually in Bowser's Castle where he builds his own courage in order to step out of his brother's shadow.
Main Poster

Features of the game include:
  • An enhanced, revised and rewritten version of the story with new scenes, dialogue and characters.
  • 6 unique playable characters with their own levels, movesets and power-ups
  • 14 Worlds with over 100 Levels to venture through with various bosses to battle.
  • 14 Power Ups across the Mario franchise you can use to tear through countless of enemies
  • A Multiplayer Mode, bring a buddy along using the new key-controller system! (Controllers 1-2 recommended)
  • An Expansive Challenge Mode with all 6 characters with a total of 90 Missions to conquer. Finish them all to win special prizes!
  • Additional post launch support, including Time Attack, Campaigns for each world and character (With new levels and cutscenes), new challenge/Co-op maps and new story content with new characters and worlds!
The demo features 8 Worlds, 40+ levels, 4 Co-op Stages and 21 Challenge stages for you to play!

Controls
Standard

Movement: Arrow Keys
Jump: Ctrl
Run/Attack: Shift
Button C/Pick: N
Button D/Use: M

Recommended
Movement: Arrow Keys
Jump: Space
Run/Attack: X
Button C/Pick: B
Button D/Use: N

NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER... PASTA POWER!

Untitled design (3).png Screenshot (166).png Screenshot (221).png Screenshot (191).png Screenshot (174).png Screenshot (169).png Screenshot (172).png Screenshot (178).png Screenshot (170).png Screenshot (192).png Screenshot (176).png Screenshot (177).png Screenshot (181).png Screenshot (183).png Screenshot (185).png Screenshot (171).png Screenshot (186).png Screenshot (179).png Screenshot (180).png Screenshot (187).png Screenshot (188).png Screenshot (232).png Screenshot (193).png Screenshot (194).png Screenshot (195).png Screenshot (197).png Screenshot (205).png Screenshot (206).png Untitled.png Screenshot (208).png Screenshot (210).png Screenshot (212).png Screenshot (213).png Screenshot (214).png Screenshot (217).png Untitled 1.png Untitled 3.png Screenshot (222).png Screenshot (223).png Untitled 3.png Untitled 3.png Untitled 3.png Screenshot (227).png Untitled 3.png Untitled 3.png Screenshot (229).png Untitled 3.png Screenshot (231).png

Media

Story Mode Progress
60%

Challenge Mode Progress
40%

Soundtrack

Updates

-Arcade mode is a tad bit more unique, if you game over you have to restart at the start of the game
-Van stage is slightly easier, less obstacles and added the ability to double jump with the van
-8-2 has less enemies, making it slightly easier
-7-4 is easier in terms of wall jumping, though the final section with the Thwomp might need an air dash/normal dash to progress if you don’t have the super meat
-Fixed Bowser's challenge mode not saving if playing Arcade mode after
-Fixed Pipes not making the character disappear
-Fixed Pipes crashing if you press the key twice
-Some Piranha Plants are centred
-Tweaked Bowser's control, he is slightly faster and has a higher jump height
-Made going in the Pipe in Boom Boom Tower's easier, no need of double jumping
-Grammar fixes
-Game loads slightly faster
-Not an update, but you want to skip the opening cutscenes, press the jump button!

Known Issues
-When having 2 or more Power-ups in your inventory, the Power-down sound effect will play for all items at the same time
-Exiting or restarting the game with a Power-up will lead to a crash
-Clicking too fast when returning to the title screen will possibly result in a crash
-King Boo's mansion may crash if you have 2 power ups and exit the door, there may also be some bugs relating to entering the keys in the gates. Unknown how to get the bug but I'd recommend playing the doors in order and putting the key in the gate when obtained
-Sometimes, when losing a Super Leaf, Base Mario may be able to hover for a bit without an animation

-Bowser has issues relating to his hitbox and controls
-Menu might not recognise key controls some times. click on the menu box to control it

Credits

Created, Written and made by Speedymcfly

Engine made by Ting_thing

Credit to all graphics used (Full Credits will be released in the full game)

Comments

I like the idea of a fangame of the Mario movie! It also brought me back long ago, where most people were making amateur and fan games all over the place.
I'd say your game has potential, but there are many things that you could improve. I reached the van section before hitting a gameover, so I'll be talking about the Bowser stages. Bowser's hitbox seem to be a perfect square of the size of his idle sprite, which is a problem whenever you are jumping as your sprite bounces off walls without visually touching them. The inertia is also quite high, which kinda hurts the pacing of the game. Bowser's fireball also pop-ups above his head for some reason?

The fact you added some new dialogs and idea is a fun one (I laughed at Peppino in the pizza restaurant), but the cutscenes tend to drag for too long. I would shorten them up overall, and cut quite a few dialog lines to make it move faster.

That being said, there seems to be quite a good amount of content already in the game, which is no mince meat. Keep it up, keep improving, and good luck on finishing it! :)

I like the idea of a fangame of the Mario movie! It also brought me back long ago, where most people were making amateur and fan games all over the place.
I'd say your game has potential, but there are many things that you could improve. I reached the van section before hitting a gameover, so I'll be talking about the Bowser stages. Bowser's hitbox seem to be a perfect square of the size of his idle sprite, which is a problem whenever you are jumping as your sprite bounces off walls without visually touching them. The inertia is also quite high, which kinda hurts the pacing of the game. Bowser's fireball also pop-ups above his head for some reason?

The fact you added some new dialogs and idea is a fun one (I laughed at Peppino in the pizza restaurant), but the cutscenes tend to drag for too long. I would shorten them up overall, and cut quite a few dialog lines to make it move faster.

That being said, there seems to be quite a good amount of content already in the game, which is no mince meat. Keep it up, keep improving, and good luck on finishing it! :)
Thank you so much! I’ll take a lot of the Bowser feedback into consideration as he was the first character I developed leading to some oddities, I’ll send out a patch soonish relating to the Van stage and cutscene length, but for now, I hope you enjoy the rest of the demo!

Item information

Added by
Speedymcfly
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Fan Games

Share this item