don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Complete Tailwinds

Overview

Welcome to Tailwinds, a Pilotwings-inspired mod for Sonic Robo Blast 2,
featuring a story loosely based on the little-known
Chuck Yeager origin story.

Play through 26 missions in this 1-2 hour game.

Download from the sidebar or from
Itch.io.

🪽🪽🪽

HOW TO PLAY

🟢 Collect hoops to pass the stage

Land on targets to end level
🟨 Yellow zones refill fuel

Use cutscenes and 'rebriefing' areas

to get instructions for each level

🪽🪽🪽

GENERAL CONTROLS

ButtonAction
SPACE / L MOUSE BTNHop
SPACE / R MOUSE BTNSpin dash
WASDMove
ESCPause
VFirst person

AIR CONTROLS

ButtonAction
SPACE / L MOUSE BTN (Hold)Fly
SHIFT / R MOUSE BTN (Hold)Fast descent
SHIFT / R MOUSE BTN (Tap)Slow descent

To rebind keys and add gamepad buttons, run the game and go to
OPTIONS > PLAYER 1 CONTROLS > CONTROL CONFIGURATION.

A mouse and keyboard are strongly recommended.

Comments

this was surprisingly great. funny writing, quite different but enjoyable (after turning off all the auto camera movement, lol) gameplay, plus reintroducing me to that origin story which i think i heard of before but had completely and utterly forgotten ever existed.

is the "TRY AGAIN" just an srb2 credits holdover or is there actually more to see?

this was surprisingly great. funny writing, quite different but enjoyable (after turning off all the auto camera movement, lol) gameplay, plus reintroducing me to that origin story which i think i heard of before but had completely and utterly forgotten ever existed.

is the "TRY AGAIN" just an srb2 credits holdover or is there actually more to see?
Thanks for the kind words!

The TRY AGAIN is indeed from SRB2's limitations. There are no chaos emeralds in the mod at all and therefore no extra content based on that.

There is, however, an emerald hunt mission that you can access from level select. It's not a secret. I just ended up removing it from the main campaign because emerald hunt maps require the score tally, and you can hit the ground and die while it counts up. I think it's MAP22 if you're using the console.

Reactions: twi

Item information

Added by
metalharbor
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More from metalharbor

Share this item