don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo (SAGE '24 Demo) Bowser Gets Clever: Insert Subtitle Here

I'm not very well versed in flash games and especially Mario flash games, so some of the nuances are lost on me, but I'll try anyway.

The game is funny, both in presentation and in the "rage" component, since the traps are more about being absolutely ridiculous first, and only then about killing you.
The production value is also very high for a fan game, you get a remixed tracks from older Mario games, cutscenes and voice acting, they make you want to bear through the rage moments, so you get to see what's next.

Ok that was almost a paragraph of being nice now I'll revert to grumpy old man.
The physics are very different from a Mario game, this WILL mess you up in the beginning, and because of the nature of the game, it's hard for me to know if it's on purpose or not.
But there are some instances where, independently from intent, it feels a bit too frustrating, like if you try to stomp 2 goombas at once you will die, or that fireballs will sometimes clip into the ground and despawn too soon.
Also the game over cutscene is unskippable and a bit on the long side, which can be aggravating considering you're gonna die a lot.
Oh and loading the game is confusing, you need to click load game and then new game, which, considering that a new game will immediately override your save, might be too dangerous.
Ok last one and I'll stop, why is the game almost 1 GB? I'm not nitpicky in terms of resolution but the graphics aren't exactly in 4k, what is happening here?

I sound way too negative now, but most of these problems can be very easily fixed, and I'm confident they will, some might already be since I couldn't go super deep into the last patch.
Everyone who isn't afraid of hard games or wants to have a laugh should definitely check Bowser Gets Clever out.
ThatFedoraDude
ThatFedoraDude
Thanks and I do understand your issues with it.
The game is almost one gig probably due to the fact that I rly wanted to include all of the music we composed for it in the music folder :P
Reactions: Arrov
ThatFedoraDude
ThatFedoraDude
Oh and about the confusing loading
yeah its a stupid decision on my part i admit
will be fixed!
A really great Mario fangame! Love the overall polish and coziness of the game, makes me think of a Flash game (fitting since this is indeed a remake of one lol)! Though there's a slight defect: the engine can sometimes be unforgiving, doesn't take away from the experience though!
Good job!! :D
Reactions: ThatFedoraDude
ThatFedoraDude
ThatFedoraDude
Thank you!!
Reactions: iplux