don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Project Rodeo Proof of Concept Demo (SAGE 2024)

Overview

R_TitleLogo2.png

OVERVIEW

Eureka seems to have dropped all of her savings in the surrounding islands by accident!
It's up to Rodeo to find all 500 coins and bring them back to Eureka before they can set out on the Marlin!

Project Rodeo is a proof of concept for a 3D platforming adventure game starring Rodeo, a bat living in an old western/steampunk fantasy-styled world who sets out on a grand adventure throughout the known islands. Inspirations for the game include the Mega Man Legends series, Grandia, Tail Concerto and The Legend of Zelda series.

The current prototype build for the game does not contain any of the story that would be in a fully realized version of the game, but it exists to give a rough idea of what kind of game it could be from a gameplay mechanics standpoint.

In the prototype build you will be able to do swift and graceful long jumps, edge grabbing, wall jumping and sliding, swimming, diving and even flight! For combat, Rodeo makes use of kicking attacks as well as his trusty whip.

Controls

Keyboard and Mouse

Move Camera - Mouse
Walk/Run - WASD
Jump - Spacebar
Crouch/Diving in Water - Shift
Boost in Water - Spacebar
Long Jump - W + Shift + Spacebar
Enter Flight Mode - Shift + Hold Spacebar + Let Go
Flight Boost - Spacebar During Flight
Hover - Hold Shift During Flight
Kicking Combo - Left Mouse Click
Whip Attack - Right Mouse Click
Interact/Confirm - Left Mouse Click
Inventory - ESC
Options - Backspace

Gamepad (XBox One Controller)
Move Camera - Right Joystick
Walk/Run - Left Joystick
Jump - A
Crouch/Diving in Water - LT
Boost in Water - A
Long Jump - Forward + LT + A
Enter Flight Mode - LT + Hold A + Let Go
Flight Boost - A During Flight
Hover - Hold LT During Flight
Kicking Combo - X
Whip Attack - Y
Interact/Confirm - B
Map - RB
Inventory - MENU Button
Options - VIEW Button

DOWNLOAD HERE
Twitter/X

CREDITS

GAME

Game concept by Lanmana
Art direction and character designs by Lanmana
2D artwork and UI design by Lanmana
3D character models and animation by Lenz
Additional 3D models by Lanmana
Additional animation by JVeigaAnim
Level design by Lanmana
Programming by Lenz
Additional programming by Alpha
Additional programming and bug fixes by Joyen

Royalty Free music purchased from Unity Asset Store
Royalty Free sound effects purchased from Unity Asset Store
Additional 3D environmental assets purchased from Unity Asset Store

2D ANIMATED TRAILER

Storyboards by Lanmana
Animation by TheAaronSchmit
Backgrounds by Lanmana
Post production by TheAaronSchmit

Music "Into the Wild" Composed by Kevin Rix
Used with permission from Audiomachine.com

Media

Comments

I’m loving the platforming controls, they feel really smooth. The whip attack is awesome, and I’m a big fan of the kicking animation and the swimming mechanics too. I can definitely see this game turning into something big with more challenges added.

That being said, I was a bit confused by the sudden appearance of the bees (or were they sheep?). Either way, I’m excited to see where you take this, and I hope to see more of the game in the future

I’m loving the platforming controls, they feel really smooth. The whip attack is awesome, and I’m a big fan of the kicking animation and the swimming mechanics too. I can definitely see this game turning into something big with more challenges added.

That being said, I was a bit confused by the sudden appearance of the bees (or were they sheep?). Either way, I’m excited to see where you take this, and I hope to see more of the game in the future
Thanks for trying the game out! I know there's a lot of wonkiness going on with the game, I apologize for it as I do not have a dedicated programmer to help make this project anymore, and I don't know how to program for myself so a lot of stuff was left unpolished or unfinished.

Putting this up on SAGE to see if there would be any decent amount of interest from others in seeing this concept explored further, as well as having something public in the hopes that it could attract more capable programmers for 3D adventure/platformer-type games. In any case, a newer version of Project Rodeo would need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

I really enjoyed this! I'd been wanting to play it ever since I saw it in the showcase video. Flying in this game feels great, and I'm loving the character designs. Very excited to see where you go with this!

I really enjoyed this! I'd been wanting to play it ever since I saw it in the showcase video. Flying in this game feels great, and I'm loving the character designs. Very excited to see where you go with this!
Thank you Keramago! I'd love to explore this concept further in the future~

Item information

Added by
Lanmana
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Original Games

Share this item