don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Nova's Adventure

Overview

Nova's Adventure Logo.png

The Stoy
After crashlanding on an unknown planet, Nova the Star sets out on an adventure to collect all the parts from his broken ship that was hit by an asteroid while on his way home.

sTitleNova.png

Gameplay
Nova can summon Star Bombs that he can throw in 4 directions. Use the Star Bombs to blow up obstacles and enemies along the way.

Nova can also use the explosion of the bomb to propel himself in the air, giving him a higher jump!

Credits

-Super Item Studios & The Retro Room Games Staff-

Product Manager - John Roo
Director - Dagoberto Duarte Torres

-Dono Team Members-

Composer & SFX - E3Kay
Asistant Composer - goatsoup

Comments

The game looks incredible (barring the kinda realistic explosion effect that looks out of place in the bright and colorful world of Nova), and seems like a joy to speedrun. However, the jumps are so short and need to be so precise, and when you need to drop a bomb on spikes, I cannot react fast enough to avoid dying in them.

I wanted to see more of this and was really looking forward to playing it, as the graphics, the music and the core gameplay idea are all really good. But in its state, I feel the jump are way too harsh and merciless for me to play the game. I don't know if that's just me, but I would make Nova jump a little higher, just for the jumps to be not so tight everytime. But congrats on the work done, the game, the artwork, the music, it's all pretty impressive!

The game looks incredible (barring the kinda realistic explosion effect that looks out of place in the bright and colorful world of Nova), and seems like a joy to speedrun. However, the jumps are so short and need to be so precise, and when you need to drop a bomb on spikes, I cannot react fast enough to avoid dying in them.

I wanted to see more of this and was really looking forward to playing it, as the graphics, the music and the core gameplay idea are all really good. But in its state, I feel the jump are way too harsh and merciless for me to play the game. I don't know if that's just me, but I would make Nova jump a little higher, just for the jumps to be not so tight everytime. But congrats on the work done, the game, the artwork, the music, it's all pretty impressive!
Thank you for the feedback! the game is in a very early state! we wanted to get this demo out there so that people feedback could influence the development going forward. we definitely think the difficulty is on the harsher side, and we are currently working to rectify that. Nothing is set in stone, so every bit of feedback counts! we hope you keep following the game and look out for future demos as development continues!

The jumps are definitely precise, but I worry also that making them so small makes them feel less fun. The larger issue is that the game doesn't seem to have checkpoints... there's an area where I have to drop a bomb into a wide pit of spikes, and it takes so long to get back to that point each time that it's hard to keep coming up with new ideas for what could possibly get me across. Also the controls could use a rebinding menu. But the graphics are doing a great job and the music is surprisingly pleasant for its loop, not annoying at all.

Item information

Added by
Super Item Studios
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from Super Item Studios

Share this item