don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Candy Rangers Demo SAGE24

Honestly not much to say about this one, it looks cute and it plays well, if you're into on rail shooters, you can't go wrong with this one.

I guess I don't really understand the timer mechanic, the one to keep the combo going, considering that it's up to the game when an enemy spawn, maybe instead have the combo drop off an enemy leaves the screen? But I guess this messes with certain parts of the level design.

But seriously, nothing to complain about, great game.
Reactions: Mechano
Mechano
Mechano
Thank you for playing!
Your timer is always depleting, and you have to take out chains to fill the gauge on your crosshair. Once the crosshair fills, you get extra time to keep going.
I was working right now on displaying the scoring system better and put out a patch for it. You can see it in action in this video.

Review for review!
Very cute game, visuals are pretty nice. The game automatically started at my native resolution which is 3440x1440, turns out to be 21:9. Menus did not scale very well but that's fine, I could resize the window. Also found it surprising that anti-aliasing was off.

Concept is pretty interesting, although making even just a few mistakes puts you down immediately into 1 star, pretty strict rating system. I enjoyed all the levels but the last one was giving me a rough time. The item/bridge system is not explained very well and not being able to suddenly shoot as one of the characters felt genuinely like a bug at first. Everything except the last level, can't complain. Even though I rather suck at it.

Oh, and the music gave me some Umihara Kawase vibes - well, except when it started to pull off a sick ass breakcore song. Pretty good on that musical front.
Wow, this is very, very nice! I didn't play the SAGE'23 version so I went blind in this and I really enjoyed my time.
The graphics are nice and colorful, the music is catchy and the gameplay works really well. I was afraid I would get stuck quite quickly because I am not that good at shoot'em ups, but almost managed to finish all the stages! (I ran out of time a couple of meters away from the finish circle in the last one, the bridge section is super cruel ^^)

The only thing that felt frustrating is how picking up objects is. I wish we could know in advance who will be incapacitated, and maybe switch the item from one character to another? I don't know, it felt like a major roadblock to me.
Oh, and the dialogs go by a little too fast. I would recommend letting the player press a key to move to the next line instead of having it all automatized, but maybe it was only a demo thing!

Overall, super nice game, I really want to see where this will go, congrats! Wishlisted!