don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Busters Big Score!

Very fun demo. I'll echo what other people have said: Joystick deadzones are a little funky, when I crouch or hold up I'm also moving forward. I think hiding spots are a bit superfluous as far as I can tell, most people will just wanna GO. I think it'd be cool if you add collectibles in those hiding spots which would make it worth it to interact with that whole thing.

Movement feels great, I love the air dash and the wall run. The wall run across the billboard feels very odd though, I could never find a good angle for that one and it moves way quicker than anything else. I didn't see a use for the backflip yet, but it's cool for style points.

Yeah, it was good fun.
This project has an incredible amount of potential!! I spent like an hour replaying this one level and eventually got 48.35s while getting all $41. Besides the general unfinished nature of the demo, the only thing I don’t like is the hiding spots, they feel a little unnecessary with how fast paced the game is. It could be interesting if they could also be used as alternate forms of movement, i.e. having Buster roll around with the trash can and remaining undetected (at the expense of the players control) or something like that. Looking forward to seeing more about this project!!
Reactions: KevynStott
this game absolutely rules so far! buster feels incredible to control, partly because the animations are so high quality already, and partly because of the clever use of subtle sprite rotation to give it an almost squash-and-stretchy, classic animation feel. it's stylish, fluid, and fun!

the only critical feedback i can really think of to give is that the game could use a larger joystick deadzone, and the wallrunning obstacles (like the highway sign) could use some sort of symbol (arrows? pawprints?) to help convey that that's what that object does. can't wait to see more of this!
Reactions: KevynStott
P
Pollyanna58
Oops I accidentally left my review as a reply to this comment whoops