don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Bobo Bay

I originally planned to play this only for a couple of minutes and ended up playing hours lol

It might just be Alpha, but this shows so much promise. The amount of fun i had with building up their skills and seeing them finally beat a race was so rewarding. The skateboard perk in particular was really funny because i just got to see the Bobo BLAST past the other racers like they were cheating on the board.

This revitalized my love for Chao Garden, and I can't wait to see what the game becomes in its later stages. The gameplay loop is super fun. I love the little animal parts you can add (especially the bunny ears).

My only hope is that there will be more exploration in the forest, a possiblity to maybe reroll the shop for a LOT of money, and I think having a way to decorate the island would be really nice.
The only real downside for me so far is that the Agility and Jump stat don't feel like they're used much, a jump course with like multiple paths would be cool, where if the jump stat is high enough they can make the short hops, otherwise they fall to a lower path. Or to make it interesting it can be a pool below so if you have the swim stat you can outclass the jump stats. It would make the races a bit more unique.

Some random but fun movement options as the main character would be fun too, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, but it'd be a fun way to explore and get around faster.

and this is way down the line, but a photo mode is a must, i kept taking screenshots of the Bobo constantly. Fantastic game though, loved it!