don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Mega Man Four Hounds

Wew, this one was a doozie, I remember when last year I reviewed this one and I was left hopeful that this would change for the better, and surprisingly, it did honestly the fact the developers took my criticism to heart and actually made an effort to improve the level design is nothing short of respect, so I appreciate what all of you did. Definitvely now levels feel fairer and a lot more fun, I enjoyed my time with it and using the weapons was a lot of fun. Still it is not wholly perfect, there's some parts that feel a wee cheap, and need nigh-perfect timing, like I think that Static Man needs to lay down the Cheez-Wiz addiction because those deadly lasers give me only a fraction of a second to react.

On an aside I really like the new music, it's definitively improved upon the older music, and it sounds even better. I also like how the bosses look now, like back then Static Man looked like a reskin of Needle Man, now he definitively looks more unique.

Do I recommend this game in good faith now?... well, only if you're a fan of the more difficult games like Mega Man 3 for GB or Mega Man & Bass, or if you are the type of people that enjoy difficult rom hacks like Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, I am certainly one of them, and you need to have nerves of steel and the reflexes of a cat... either that or abuse shop items, I did that too and I am not ashamed to admit it LMAO.
Reactions: F108_Star
F
F108_Star
you need to have nerves of steel and the reflexes of a cat... either that or abuse shop items, I did that too and I am not ashamed to admit it LMAO.
Well, I played the demo with infinite lives, so there's that.

Still a fun game though.