don't click here

You know how to make the skateboard section of ice cap zone in Sonic Worlds Delta?

Nicoxx

Green Hill Zone
Nov 6, 2020
Hi, I'm trying to do a Fangame using Sonic worlds delta (For CTF) and I want to do a section like the Ice cap Zone where you go on a surfboard.
Also, I saw that Sonic 3d in 2D uses it, and I wanted to know if you know how to do it?
(Don't worry, i find out)

Last edited:

Nascar01

Green Hill Zone
Feb 16, 2021
I wish i did. If you could put a link for a demo i could try. I don know how to enter them. im new

DimensionWarped

Resuming Dangerous Status
Aug 29, 2017
There are a lot of answers to that which range in complexity. It depends a lot on how much you want the player to be able to do while they are on the surfboard. At it's most basic level though, you could create a new control state and animation state for the player on the surfboard, maybe focably add horizontal acceleration while they are in that control state, and start working on more stuff from there.

Sotaknuck

Scrambled Egg Zone
May 27, 2020
There are a lot of answers to that which range in complexity. It depends a lot on how much you want the player to be able to do while they are on the surfboard. At it's most basic level though, you could create a new control state and animation state for the player on the surfboard, maybe focably add horizontal acceleration while they are in that control state, and start working on more stuff from there.
Yes, that's exactly what I did in Sonic 3D in 2D.

Define a new action state block, this way you can set all the animations you need for it and also code for its gravity and further actions.
It's rather simple to do, just take other actions as example, like the various altered states (the sliding on slope states is probably a good starting point) to figure out what you need to do.

Once you have the action state done, just find a way to trigger it (EG: hit a surfboard active object). Disable the other action states as long as you need the character to go back to the normal action states.

Nicoxx

Green Hill Zone
Nov 6, 2020
Yes, that's exactly what I did in Sonic 3D in 2D.

View attachment 10163

Define a new action state block, this way you can set all the animations you need for it and also code for its gravity and further actions.
It's rather simple to do, just take other actions as example, like the various altered states (the sliding on slope states is probably a good starting point) to figure out what you need to do.

Once you have the action state done, just find a way to trigger it (EG: hit a surfboard active object). Disable the other action states as long as you need the character to go back to the normal action states.
Lol, thank you a lot buddy