Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Hack Sonic: Total Chaos - Work in Progress

Discussion in 'Creation Labs' started by SegaRelatedThings, Oct 14, 2018.

1. SegaRelatedThings

SegaRelatedThings I need my Sega Saturn!

Hello. I just joined today so I could show you guys my new hack that I hope that I will improve on in the future with a team, but for now it's just a simple layout and palette hack that isn't really original. But I hope you enjoy what's here on this hack.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  2. SegaRelatedThings

Interesting.

Anyways, I was hoping I could a team of people to work on this hack for me (with me working on it as well, of course) because I want this game to be unique to the rest of the Sonic games on the Genesis. I want to make the game feel like a completely new experience.

3. Prancer

Prancer Going Nowhere

ok, i'll play this as soon as I can. (i'm on a school computer, so I can't download roms)

Edit:
    Well, there's a few things I noticed.
    1. "SONIC GOT PASSED". The correct way of spelling is Sonic Got Past.
    2. It seemed like when I passed a checkpoint in the second act, the checkpoint was already up, even though it was my first run through the zone.
    3. More Like Noble Zone is entirely unfinished, you should of added some code to skip back to the start.

Other than that, it seems like a nice hack, and maybe I could help in a way or two.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  4. SegaRelatedThings

Thanks for reminding that. I didn't notice I made that first mistake.

But you actually aren't supposed to go to the next zone in the demo. I intentionally made it empty because you were supposed to go to the special stage, which afterwards would've taken you back to the title screen. Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

5. Prancer

Prancer Going Nowhere

6. Super Dirpy Fox

Super Dirpy Fox Just a random game creator...

Ok so I had some issues with this hack.
    1. That pallate looks kinda bad.
    2. Level design is sub-par, needs more paths.
    3. You shouldn't put a sign in act 3 or it will glitch.
    4. You need to fix the checkpoint sub-type in act 2.
    5. Not an issue but this hack would benefit from a spindash.
    6. Blatant Green Hill edit.
    7. There really shouldn't be bottomless puts in the first level...
    8. Need some more obj44s in SHz 1
    9. Repeating chunks.
    10. Floating part of a tree in Act 2.
    Other than that though it's pretty good!
    Edit: If you want me too I'm pretty decent at SMPS so I could make a few remixes for you. Just DM me if you're interested.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  7. SegaRelatedThings

Sounds good to me. I'll give a you list of songs I want remixed at some point tomorrow. ;)