don't click here

Fan Game Sonic the Hedgehog: Brutus (RPG)

SJWebsterArt

It's that one guy.
Jun 12, 2020
UK
About this game
This is an RPG that's being created in RPG Maker MV. I started the project very recently when SAGE 2020 was announced and hope to have a playable demo ready for the August 21st submissions deadline.

I've always been a Sonic fan, and I've been using RPG Maker for over 15 years at this point. I got my start making Dragon Ball fan games on a forum called Picceta's. While I've been learning Unity and C#, something about making a fan game in RPG Maker feels really nostalgic, refreshing, and comfortable. I'm really enjoying it so far! It didn't take me long to find my groove again.

Who's Brutus?
Brutus was a villain in the UK Sonic the Comic. He was a special badnik that had been programmed with Dr Robotnik's brain patterns. As far as I'm aware, he only appeared in three stories but he left a lasting impression on me and I'd love to do something with the character. Making him the central villain of a game felt like a great fit. He's intimidating, powerful, and a force that not even his creator can control!

I didn't want to just rip off or retell his STC story though. I wanted to expand it, place it in the game continuity, and let him stick around longer than he did in the books!

Trailer

Screenshots

Credits
Graphics
Zach "Zinn" Furr
Random Talking Bush
Asuhara Moon
Divine Insect
The Spriter's Resource
Fentonxd

Music:
Shadow of a Hedgehog
Turret 3471
Nintendo Boy 505
Yuzoboy
Alej96fl

Plug-ins:
Yanfly
Galv
Hime Works

A bit of everything!
Myself
Sega
Sonic Team
Pagoda West Games
Headcannon

Last edited:

Sonicamypoppy56

Press Start Screen
Jun 12, 2020
I've never played a Sonic RPG before, so this'll be a great introduction to it. I hope great things will come out of this. Can't wait for the demo!

Reactions: SJWebsterArt

RetroRespecter

Green Hill Zone
Sep 8, 2017
It was simply called Sonic RPG. It featured some Freedom Fighters from the Archie Comic Publications version of Sonic the Hedgehog along with some original characters. I think it ran in MS-DOS.

SJWebsterArt

It's that one guy.
Jun 12, 2020
UK
Hi, sorry for the radio silence. Those asking to play it won't have to wait for very long, I've been hard at work getting a demo prepared for SAGE 2020!

I think the project's in a really good place, having made a lot of progress in a very short space of time. I'd actually like to share an early trailer with you all :)

Sonicamypoppy56

Press Start Screen
Jun 12, 2020
Hi, sorry for the radio silence. Those asking to play it won't have to wait for very long, I've been hard at work getting a demo prepared for SAGE 2020!

I think the project's in a really good place, having made a lot of progress in a very short space of time. I'd actually like to share an early trailer with you all :)

Definitely will be better than Sonic Chronicles.

SJWebsterArt

It's that one guy.
Jun 12, 2020
UK
We have ourselves some progress! The demo build's ready, I've created the showcase page, just need to figure out how to upload the game now. Guessing that option opens up once a moderator's approved the showcase page?