don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Speedhunters

strix

I slack off too much
Mar 27, 2020
Romania
Sonic Speedhunters is a speed oriented fangame, in which you aim to finish a level in a given time. Touching speedtools will give you extra time, and depending on the speed you hit them. you'll get a bonus!
In-game screenshots:

Gameplay video:
Sonic Speedhunters

This game has been made in Unity with the Bumper Engine. Everything you see right now is still a wip, and thus might change in the future

Coderman64

Sound Test
Oct 2, 2019
coderman64.github.io
Awesome! I think a fangame based on time trials (especially if they have some elements of Crash Bandicoot time trials) would be pretty cool!

I have a few critiques from the video, though:
- The main camera seems a bit close to sonic, making it hard to figure out what exactly is going on.
- The minimap seems zoomed too closely to reliably act as a minimap and doesn't look too helpful as just a second camera.
- Some of the level designs in the test level interact very badly with the camera.

Hopefully, my comments are helpful. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: strix

strix

I slack off too much
Mar 27, 2020
Romania
Appreciate the critiques! I've noticed some people talk about the camera being wanky, and I do start to notice it aswell. I'll for sure tweak it in the future,alongside the minimap, though for now I'm focusing on getting majority of the core gameplay stuff finished.

xinconety

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 8, 2020
this project looks very interesting, albeit with flaws mentioned by user Coderman64

strix

I slack off too much
Mar 27, 2020
Romania
Spikes will def appear, however I'm still thinking about adding anything else besides, I dont want to ruin people's speed because they bumped into a badnik

itskidchameleon

Press Start Screen
Apr 13, 2022
Spikes will def appear, however I'm still thinking about adding anything else besides, I dont want to ruin people's speed because they bumped into a badnik
wouldn't that just be an element of the challenge though? You needn't implement damage/death, but couldn't you maybe just use them as another form of obstacle? Something to avoid else you'd be slowed down for a moment or something like that?