don't click here

Game Sonic RPG: A Sonic SatAM Game

SoggyDoggy

Marble Zone
Jun 18, 2019
Showcase:
Sonic the Hedgehog RPG (SAGE 2019 Demo)

Sonic the Hedgehog RPG (SAGE 2019 Demo)

UPDATE: Check out our website (www.satamrpg.com) for all the latest updates and demos! Sonic RPG is an ambitious project to create a full-scale RPG based on Sonic SatAM. Inspired by classic RPGs like Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger, Sonic RPG strives to reignite the love of existing SatAM...

SAGE 2020 Teaser:

SAGE 2019 Trailer:

Overview: This is an RPG inspired by Sonic SatAM, mixing elements of Super Mario RPG and classic Final Fantasy games.

This project is being actively developed and you can follow what I'm doing on the project's development blog.

Developer blog: https://satamrpg.blogspot.com/

Attachments

Last edited:

SoggyDoggy

Marble Zone
Jun 18, 2019
Hey friends,

I want to get a full chapter 1 release out for SAGE 2020, but I'm rapidly realizing that I need help to make that happen. I'm basically doing all the art, programming, and music myself right now. Here are some available roles:

- Character Sprite Artist
- Tile Sprite Artist
- Background Illustrator
- Programmer

If you want to help make an incredible Sonic SatAM game, which will forever make you look like a badass, ping me to try out for one of these roles!

SoggyDoggy aka RedG

To hopefully get you more excited, I've attached a short teaser for chapter 1.

Attachments

Flame the hedgehog

Green Hill Zone
Sep 11, 2018
My copy of the game doesn't work beyond the 'new game' selection. I select new game, the beautiful piano sound plays, and it switches to black and stays that way. Am I doing something wrong?

Flame the hedgehog

Green Hill Zone
Sep 11, 2018
Hey friends,

I want to get a full chapter 1 release out for SAGE 2020, but I'm rapidly realizing that I need help to make that happen. I'm basically doing all the art, programming, and music myself right now. Here are some available roles:

- Character Sprite Artist
- Tile Sprite Artist
- Background Illustrator
- Programmer

If you want to help make an incredible Sonic SatAM game, which will forever make you look like a badass, ping me to try out for one of these roles!

SoggyDoggy aka RedG

To hopefully get you more excited, I've attached a short teaser for chapter 1.
I would love to be part of the project! I can be a Character sprite artist, or a Tile sprite artist! (I'm more comfortable with the latter) Or maybe even a background illustrator, though I fear that will be time-consuming, and I'm just a student. But whichever one of these roles is available, I'll give it a shot!

SoggyDoggy

Marble Zone
Jun 18, 2019
My copy of the game doesn't work beyond the 'new game' selection. I select new game, the beautiful piano sound plays, and it switches to black and stays that way. Am I doing something wrong?
Sorry I missed your message here. It's hard to say what's going on there. Maybe you can make a short video of what it looks like. Do you see the "loading..." text?

Flame the hedgehog

Green Hill Zone
Sep 11, 2018
Sorry I missed your message here. It's hard to say what's going on there. Maybe you can make a short video of what it looks like. Do you see the "loading..." text?
No, I didn't see anything. No loading text, no sound...and I waited forever, but still nothing. I'll make a video soon to show you.

SoggyDoggy

Marble Zone
Jun 18, 2019
Hey Flame, sorry I'm not sure what the problem is here. It's probably best to wait for SAGE 2020 release.

SJWebsterArt

It's that one guy.
Jun 12, 2020
UK
Looking forward to this! The sprites look great, spot on to the show! The animated series had a really cool world and overall aesthetic, you've done a great job of capturing that!

Reactions: SoggyDoggy