don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Rerun

Josh4359

Green Hill Zone
Jun 14, 2022
Details:

I've been working on this game for a couple months now and I've posted a few clips on Youtube and Discord but I thought I'd finally try getting feedback from here as well.

Firstly the title- haven't really got a good title yet but "Sonic Rerun" is the best I've got since I'm just porting stages from older games + Sonic, uh... "runs". Any other title suggestions would be nice.

I plan to add some original stages as well (potentially as a separate game) at some point, but for now while I'm mainly focusing on the framework I've been porting my favorite stages from other games to save time, which has also helped with its flexibility on various types of stages. I'm pretty decent with Blender and plan to make a few of my own but since I consider myself more of a programmer I think it would be best to leave most of that to more experienced modelers. So, if you're interested in creating a couple stages for this game please let me know. With good level design and a couple tweaks to the framework I think this project has a lot of potential.

Preview:

This is the most recent video I've posted on the game; consider checking out a few of the previous ones if you want since this is more of a preview of a specific stage rather than an entire overview of the game:

Download:

Because this game is so early in development, I've decided not to release a full demo until SAGE, but I have an itch page with a test level if you'd like to give feedback on the framework.

The current build is slightly outdated (I'll fix that soon) but it's got most of the essential features, excluding things like sidestepping, drifting (which needs to be polished anyway), and 2D zones.