don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Raiden

ChasmanMX

Green Hill Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Sonic Raiden is a new 2d Sonic Adventure that takes place after the Angel Island saga. It is being built using a custom engine in Game Maker Studio. The game features playable Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles with all of their abilities!

STORY
Dr. Eggman is furious about the destruction of his Death Egg and the defeat of Mecha Sonic. He then decides that he will build a new and improved Mecha Sonic 2.0 from the scraps that were left in the ruins of Sky Sanctuary to help with his latest plans. After being caught abducting Flickies, Sonic and Tails catch up with Eggman, only to have the new Mecha appear and thwart their rescue mission. After getting Sonic and Tails off his back for now, Eggman gets to work on his new fortress code named: Project RAIDEN. To get it powered as soon as possible, he'll need the help of the 7 chaos emeralds, as well as support from Mecha Sonic and his new army of badniks. Meanwhile, Knuckles catches some Egg Robos causing mayhem again on Angel Island, collecting and abducting Flickies, and turning them into badniks. Knowing Eggman has something to do with this, he sets off to find out what evil scheme he's planning. He meets up with Sonic & Tails, and learn that they too are after Eggman, and team up once again on a new quest to save the island and put an end to his evil plans once and for all!

ZONES
The game will feature 8+ Zones, with 2 acts per zone. Most zones feature a sub boss in Act 1, and main boss at the end of Act 2 (i.e. Sonic 3 & Knuckles). The level list is set, but aren't all revealed yet.

Tetroblock Shore Zone
Forgotten Ruins Zone
????????
Sky Babylon Zone
Frozen Peaks Zone
????????
????????
????????

SCREENSHOTS

VIDEOS

CREDIT
-Special thanks to Daniel Mania for level art for a lot of the zones.
-Hexagonal, Shinbaloonba, and Dolphman for the character sprites.
-TheLegendofRenegade and many others for music.
A lot to credit, but everyone who contributed will be credited in game!

DEMO / RELEASES
Coming Soon!

LilHotdog

Green Hill Zone
Sep 29, 2017
Looks pretty nice!

Though, there's some problems that I have with the graphics, especially Tetroblock Shores Zone. I do quite like the concept of the zone, especially with the design choice being based off tetrominoes. The actual graphics that you used, clash with each other pretty badly, (Genesis styled and advance styled) which makes the zone appear pretty iffy-looking and not very pleasant to look at. Though, I think it would look better if you stuck it to a single style and applied it consistently throughout the zone. Having a single graphic style would make the zone look much more nicer.

Additionally, I feel like the ground could use some more definition as it feels kinda bland and flat (Not saying it's bad, but it feels pretty empty). Adding some variation in the ground, like GHZ's ground would help look much better, and more interesting to look at.

Hope this helps you. And good luck with the development of the project!

RetroRespecter

Green Hill Zone
Sep 8, 2017
I'm sorry if I'm late, but I have to observe this from a distance. I now know that this game will be amazing and good. By the way, how far along is this?

Dolphman

Sprite resource designer.
Aug 29, 2017
Australia NSW
This looks really well done and cool. And it's Nice to see my Echidna Ruins getting used more in fangames.
I'm not sure if the music is going to be all Genesis sound, but I've always wanted this as the theme for my tileset.

Reactions: ChasmanMX

SoniKast

The guy that never finishes his fangames.. or not
Aug 29, 2017
France
This looks really awesome! I can't wait for a demo to release. I'm hyped!

ChasmanMX

Green Hill Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Looks pretty nice!

Though, there's some problems that I have with the graphics, especially Tetroblock Shores Zone. I do quite like the concept of the zone, especially with the design choice being based off tetrominoes. The actual graphics that you used, clash with each other pretty badly, (Genesis styled and advance styled) which makes the zone appear pretty iffy-looking and not very pleasant to look at. Though, I think it would look better if you stuck it to a single style and applied it consistently throughout the zone. Having a single graphic style would make the zone look much more nicer.

Additionally, I feel like the ground could use some more definition as it feels kinda bland and flat (Not saying it's bad, but it feels pretty empty). Adding some variation in the ground, like GHZ's ground would help look much better, and more interesting to look at.

Hope this helps you. And good luck with the development of the project!
Thanks for the feedback. I've actually changed this level's tiles about 3 different times before this current one which I'm pretty happy with overall so far. It's actually still not 100%, so I'll polish it up a bit to look nicer.

I'm sorry if I'm late, but I have to observe this from a distance. I now know that this game will be amazing and good. By the way, how far along is this?
The game has been in development on and off for about 3 years, changing engines each time. This time, I actually got pretty further with about 3 zones completed. I'm still touching up some things before I decide how I'm gonna release the 1st playable demo.

This looks really well done and cool. And it's Nice to see my Echidna Ruins getting used more in fangames.
I'm not sure if the music is going to be all Genesis sound, but I've always wanted this as the theme for my tileset.
Thanks for making the tileset! It fit perfectly in the game. I am sticking to 1 kind of sound for music: genesis sounds for the entire game, to make it feel more retro. You actually took me way back with that song, as I remember playing the 1st Shadow of the Beast when I was a child. I'm not sure the style actually fits the style I'm going for, but interestingly enough, it would fit the level itself. I haven't solidified every track in the game yet, so we'll see how it turns out.