don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Powered Up

Flash_G

The melody of logic plays the notes of truth.
Dec 19, 2019
Greetings, Fellow Sonic fans, I’m back to try my hand in game creation… again.

I have been working on this for quite some time and I would like to show my progress. I am making this post to officially announce my fan game...
title.png
Sonic Powered Up, Is made by me by myself. So far, it is rough around the edges and in very much need of work. I started this project years ago and the screenshots are a reflection of my progress so far.

Story

Sonic and Tails have finally managed lock away Dr. Robotnik for good this time. To finally celebrate their victory, Sonic and Tails have decided to visit Bliss Island. A brand-new Island Resort with beaches, music, snow tops and much more. As Sonic and Tails were relaxing away enjoying the festivities, Robotnik’s mechs have shown up, with a demand to release Robotnik from jail. How are the mechs operating without Robotnik controlling them? Once again Sonic and Tails' vacation comes to a close as they investigate who's behind this new scheme.

Gameplay

I envisioned the gameplay to be like an enhanced version of Sonic 3. What I mean by enhanced is that Sonic will have more elemental abilities than the usual move set in Sonic 3. Everything else like the speed and platforming will be the same. Each elemental shield will have abilities separated into three classes; Passive, Active, and Ultimate. Passive abilities will never change. Active abilities and Ultimate abilities can be changed once you acquire more moves. You will be able to set two active abilities and one ultimate ability. Actives can be used at any time any where in any way. Ultimates can be used once. Once an ultimate move is activated, then the shield will revert to a normal blue shield.

Zones
There will be 10 two-act zones along with a boss act plus a three act final zone and a true final boss.

Screenshots

Summer Isle
- The beach resort with tropical trees a mini-jungle section and surfing. The typical green hill first zone
ss2.png

Ice Kingdom - A snow resort with all sorts of attractions to anyone hearts content. you can snowboard, Ride the ferry, ice skate and even have a snowball fight with fellow tourists.
ss1.png

Tidal Temple - A water park with a temple ruin theme to it. it's technically still under construction so watch out for falling ruins.
ss3.png

Screenshots of Abilities
Lightning Helix - Use the power of lightning to fly through the air. Class: Ultimate
View attachment ezgif.com-video-to-mp4.mov

Pyro Explosion - It's just an epic screen nuke. Class: Ultimate
View attachment ezgif.com-video-to-mp4 (1).mov

Aqua Fang - Turn into a water beast and lunge at enemies. Class: Active
View attachment ezgif.com-gif-maker.mov

Will there be a demo this year?

My goal is to have a demo ready to go before the end of the year, or whenever the next SAGE comes

What do I need right now?
A lot of help. Right now, I need some programmers and spriters to help me out. There is a lot of stuff that needs to be in this game before I am comfortable with a demo. I am working with the Sonic Worlds engine on CF2.5. Help would be greatly appreciated.

My Intentions and future
I really want to finish this project. I am getting older and busier by the minute and soon my time for this project will be very minuscule. I am not a programmer or an artist of any kind so what you see is what I got in that department. But even though that's the case I am not backing down from this project. This game is one of my personal visions for Sonic and I want to see it through the end.
So that's it. Expect more future updates as I go along with this post. Did you like what see? Do want to help out? Feel free to drop me a DM. Feedback and comments are also extremely appreciated.

To end this post, Here's a song for Tidal Temple Act 1

Flash_G

Dec 19, 2019
Sometime in the far, far distant future. Linux and Mac will be supported.

AyTaco

Steppin' It Up
Dec 15, 2019
Oh hey! Guess you posted your fangame project here now. Also, great progress so far!

Flash_G

Dec 19, 2019
Oh hey! Guess you posted your fangame project here now. Also, great progress so far!
Thanks bro. I'm currently close to getting the game ready for a alpha release so stay tuned.

Flash_G

Dec 19, 2019
Here's a preview of the first stage of "Summer Isle"

Flash_G

Dec 19, 2019
Ok. This is it! The first public demo of Sonic: Powered Up. Leave any comments, feedback or bugs as it will help me take steps to make the game better.

Last edited:

Flash_G

Dec 19, 2019
Also official discord and twitter is now up and running. If you want to drop by and chill with the team or help out with the game development.

Discord: https://discord.gg/dgUeFxR
Twitter: @up_powered

Sonicamypoppy56

Press Start Screen
Jun 12, 2020
Ok. This is it! The first public demo of Sonic: Powered Up. Leave any comments, feedback or bugs as it will help me take steps to make the game better.

This game is great. I love how you added realism to the spindash by adding the Sonic Advance sprites for it. I also liked how you created a follow up to the Sonic Advance sprites, by adding a Sonic Advance life count sprite. The only thing I'd say is that there are a few small problems to improve on:

-Sonic goes through one of the walls at the beginning of the stage (although I wonder if you're doing it to look like Sonic's going through the back of the "wall" as I called it before;
-If Sonic is already airborne and manages to spin attack the enemy, he doesn't ricochet (It doesn't have to ricochet, but I would have liked it to be there)
Anywho, keep it up. I'm already loving it ;)!

Flash_G

Dec 19, 2019
This game is great. I love how you added realism to the spindash by adding the Sonic Advance sprites for it. I also liked how you created a follow up to the Sonic Advance sprites, by adding a Sonic Advance life count sprite. The only thing I'd say is that there are a few small problems to improve on:

-Sonic goes through one of the walls at the beginning of the stage (although I wonder if you're doing it to look like Sonic's going through the back of the "wall" as I called it before;
-If Sonic is already airborne and manages to spin attack the enemy, he doesn't ricochet (It doesn't have to ricochet, but I would have liked it to be there)
Anywho, keep it up. I'm already loving it ;)!
Thanks for the feedback.

1. That wasn't supposed to happen. It's a layering issue which can be easily fixed.
2. Can you elaborate on that? I tested what you said but the spin attack ricochet is still there.

Sonicamypoppy56

Press Start Screen
Jun 12, 2020
Thanks for the feedback.

1. That wasn't supposed to happen. It's a layering issue which can be easily fixed.
2. Can you elaborate on that? I tested what you said but the spin attack ricochet is still there.
Oh, what I mean is when you're already in the air, and you spin attack an enemy, you don't bounce off of it, but instead, you go straight to the ground. Oh yeah, before I forget, could you reply, with the link to the engine you used for this game. I wanna make my own Sonic fan game, called: Sonic Rift: The Lost Zones. I'm still thinking of the correct story plot, so I'm writing a comic to find a story plot I could actually use. It would really give me a boost in the progress, to use an actual engine. Thanks!

Last edited:

Flash_G

Dec 19, 2019
Oh, what I mean is when you're already in the air, and you spin attack an enemy, you don't bounce off of it, but instead, you go straight to the ground. Oh yeah, before I forget, could you reply, with the link to the engine you used for this game. I wanna make my own Sonic fan game, called: Sonic Rift: The Lost Zones. I'm still thinking of the correct story plot, so I'm writing a comic to find a story plot I could actually use. It would really give me a boost in the progress, to use an actual engine. Thanks!
Still not seeing the problem. I tried so many ways. Perhaps you're not hitting the enemy directly on top.
The engine is at Sonic Retro. But to use the engine you need Clickteam Fusion 2.5. Can't help you with that second part.

Last edited:

Flash_G

Dec 19, 2019
A small update to the game is now available. Now the game will have instructions to the new moves and how to do them when you boot it up. The passives for fire and water have been updated. Now the fire passive will give you a slight boost in acceleration and max speed. The water passive will now have no reduction in momentum when in the water For this demo only you will be able to equip any shield at will upon pressing the following keys.

6=Fire
7=Lightning
8=Water

Also some bugs were addressed but not all.

Take advantage of the freedom. I still need more input to the controls of the new moves so please leave all comments and feedback you can.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3uhxghemxkxg4d0/Sonic_Powered_UpV0.2.rar/file

Sonicamypoppy56

Press Start Screen
Jun 12, 2020
Still not seeing the problem. I tried so many ways. Perhaps you're not hitting the enemy directly on top.
The engine is at Sonic Retro. But to use the engine you need Clickteam Fusion 2.5. Can't help you with that second part.
Thanks!