don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Mach Framework - WIP

TheCliffStudios

Just a guy with underdeveloped ideas
Sep 9, 2017
Hello, I've been developing a Sonic Fangame framework in Unity.
It's in an admittedly buggy state at the moment, some features being far from finished.
At the moment I'm looking for some feedback/input on how it feels to play.

Also, I'm interested in forming a development team for this framework and for a game concept I have for the framework, so if you're interested in either let me know.

Anyway, the controls are currently WASD to move, Space to jump/Homing Attack (Hold Space to preserve Momentum), L-Shift to ground Pound, Mouse to control the Camera and Left Click to roll/exit roll.

Thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

Last edited:

eMorph

Stuck in Marble Zone Act 3
Dec 5, 2019
Looks cool! I like the smooth momentum addition, and the rolling. I also like the clinging-velocity setting. One thing I could ask is, could you make a setting that enables a max speed to be able to stop rolling? The roll enable/disable just seems a little sudden, so maybe this could fix that for devs that want it. Also, and just an idea, maybe could you make the camera unable to be within a mesh? That's be awesome!

Murasaki Nokami

Press Start Screen
Jun 23, 2020
This looks amazing! This is so well done, and it looks like it handles so well!
Also, for this game you're wanting to make, are you thinking about original music? Because if so, I'd like to posit myself as a composer. I grew up with sonic, and have been playing fan games for years, just to scratch the itch that Sega couldn't until they got smart and let fans run the game. :P But Sonic-style music is what I write, and I have demos I can send you if you're interested?

TheCliffStudios

Just a guy with underdeveloped ideas
Sep 9, 2017
This looks amazing! This is so well done, and it looks like it handles so well!
Also, for this game you're wanting to make, are you thinking about original music? Because if so, I'd like to posit myself as a composer. I grew up with sonic, and have been playing fan games for years, just to scratch the itch that Sega couldn't until they got smart and let fans run the game. :P But Sonic-style music is what I write, and I have demos I can send you if you're interested?
Hey man, that would be great, I'm currently working on a SAGE Demo DM me with your music demos and a Discord nametag if you have one