Fan Game Sonic: How It Really Began

Toblerone

Green Hill Zone
Aug 19, 2018
UPDATE 2 (24/04/2020): Changed a large portion of the zones.
UPDATE (24/04/2020): Changed a zone.
UPDATE (23/04/2020): Updated the plot a bit.
You guys may remember this and the messages I've posted on the Discord server about a fangame named Sonic and Mighty. Well, Sonic: Before the Mania was cancelled because the plot didn't really have a purpose (it was about how the Moonside Monarch (a prototype of the Titanic Monarch) was built) and Sonic and Mighty got cancelled because the place that Sonic CD, it and SegaSonic the Hedgehog were in didn't really fit (they were before Sonic Mania), so I'm going to make this, a fangame that takes place before Sonic 1. Originally, this was going to be a Sonic Overture prequel, but after a talk on Discord I had with Jass about the game, I turned this into a Sonic 1 prequel.

Plot:
While a evil salesman named Mr. Chaos was searching on Christmas Island for things to power his machines, he found 7 emeralds named the Chaos Emeralds, emeralds that are said to possess mystical properties and contain unlimited amounts of highly potent and powerful chaos energy that is said to give life to all things. Upon finding those emeralds, he knew exactly what to do with them. Meanwhile, Sonic was relaxing on a place in Christmas Island named Green Gorge. When he woke up, he saw that the tree he was relaxing near had a piece of paper on it saying "MR. CHAOS WANTS YOU TO CATCH SONIC!". Angry, he ripped up the piece of paper and threw it into the ocean. He then saw Mr. Chaos flying on his hovercraft with a robot imposter of him named Robot Sonic, saying "Just wait for what we've got in store for you, Sonic!" and they flew away as Mr. Chaos laughed. Sonic then ran off, beginning his true first adventure.

Zones:
  1. Green Gorge: A beautiful tropical gorge on Christmas Island and where Sonic's true first adventure begins.
  2. Time Trouble: Mr. Chaos has trapped you back in time. Travel through time to beat Mr. Chaos.
  3. Chocolate Central: A chocolate-making factory built by Mr. Chaos. This place sure is a feast for the eyes of Sonic!
  4. Mystery Mansion: A abandoned mansion that has been taken over by Mr. Chaos with ghosts and things.
  5. Drizzling Desert: A desert where its always raining.
  6. Newtrogic Nightscape: A city near Badnik Beach.
  7. Badnik Beach: What's this? A artificial tropical paradise? Is Mr. Chaos using animals to power his Badniks?
  8. Bewitching Brain: A wacky factory and the place where Mr. Chaos hypnotises Kintobor to be evil.
  9. ???: Get all of the Chaos Emeralds to play the true final zone!
Here's proof of concept that I'm working on this.
And here's concept art of Mr. Chaos made by TheBlurCafe!
There's also a 1-act demo in the works of this game, so stay tuned for that!

Credits:
Me (Toblerone): Spriter, Developer and Music Composer
Xeric, LouieVSFrost, Sega and Sonic Team: Original Spriters
LakeFeperd: Engine

Last edited: