don't click here

Game Sonic GT - Finished Development

Greedy_Raider

Marble Zone
Sep 7, 2018
As SAGE 2020 ends, we are prodly to say we are coming to a close on Sonic GT development.
It's been an honor and finishing this project makes me really happy and I will take everything I learned along the way, and work on my next game :)

xinconety

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 8, 2020
As SAGE 2020 ends, we are prodly to say we are coming to a close on Sonic GT development.
It's been an honor and finishing this project makes me really happy and I will take everything I learned along the way, and work on my next game :)

I wonder what the next game will be

Reactions: Wolfshadowj

Wolfshadowj

Green Hill Zone
Oct 1, 2020
I love this game! Thank you so much! Are you thinking about giving Shadow a slight buff? It might be nice if his chaos kick kept your momentum because as of right now it kind of stops you dead in your tracks. Thank you for creating this amazing game! Sorry for bothering you.

• Love
Reactions: xinconety

RetroRespecter

Green Hill Zone
Sep 8, 2017
You did well. My critque is that Sonic does acts out of character in some scenes. He's laid back, but he cares for his friends.

WarpSonic

Green Hill Zone
Jul 19, 2020
I love this game! Thank you so much! Are you thinking about giving Shadow a slight buff? It might be nice if his chaos kick kept your momentum because as of right now it kind of stops you dead in your tracks. Thank you for creating this amazing game! Sorry for bothering you.
Wouldn't it then be just like the homing attack?

eMorph

Stuck in Marble Zone Act 3
Dec 5, 2019
Could you please compile a Linux binary? Wine and Proton seem to be ineffective at running this particular Unity implementation, giving me only a black screen.

ExtremeRacer879

Press Start Screen
Oct 31, 2020
Guess i found a glitch. 20210115095808_1.jpg
To achieve this, chose Super sonic (if you have all chaos emeralds), go to the tutorial stage. In the light speed dash part, do a light speed dash and boom! you're earning rings infinitely! the more you light speed dash, the more rings you get per second.

• Haha
Reactions: xinconety

xinconety

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 8, 2020
Guess i found a glitch. View attachment 9938
To achieve this, chose Super sonic (if you have all chaos emeralds), go to the tutorial stage. In the light speed dash part, do a light speed dash and boom! you're earning rings infinitely! the more you light speed dash, the more rings you get per second.
this error is quite useful in my opinion

konaa

Green Hill Zone
Oct 11, 2021
Ontario
I just finished playing through this. It's incredible.

Obviously if you've played a Bumper Engine game you'll have a reasonable idea of what to expect with the controls - not that that's a bad thing. It all handles VERY well. I always felt 100% in control and both the speed and sense of speed got to be really incredible at times. I saw some people criticizing the tutorial, but I actually really appreciated it. The tutorial gives you little slices of what to expect from the game and what to do - the bounce attack, for instance, being good for fast platforming. These are things that you see when people do their youtube playthroughs, but I always felt like they were just pros or speedrunners. After the tutorial it felt incredible to just blast through that first level, and feel like I knew what I was doing.

Which brings me to the second part that I really appreciated - something less common in 3d sonic fangames. The level design really blew me away. It's hard to understate how impressive this level design is. I'm not trying to put down other fangames either. Making a 3d sonic level is, with all its paths and speed and size is HARD. The levels in this game accomplish an important thing to me, which is being extremely complex but feeling simple. I never really thought about X path or Y path, or falling from one path to a worse path. I just felt like I was constantly moving forward. I was aware of paths that I was missing, but the transitions just felt so natural. I'm going to have to play this thing again a few more times to explore these levels because I'm having a hard time getting my head around the scope of those things. "4 levels" sounds small, but this is seriously like if you took sonic 3 levels and added a third dimension.

The bosses are fun, and still held up. I will say I didn't enjoy them quite as much as the main gameplay. The hilltop zone boss took me a really long time. Maybe I wasn't understanding how to fight it. Sometimes the homing attack would make me fall off the bridges. When that happened I'd spend a lot of time just catching up to the guy. The eggman boss felt like it had a lot of waiting between attacks, and more waiting between attack opportunities. I appreciated the floor slowly falling, which kept the fight fresh.

I loved the music and graphical style. It was a nice blend of genesis style (that jazz fusion ruled, especially in the pyramid level lmao) and SA/SA2. Big shoutout to the Eggman voice actor, he did a great impression. I'm not... super worried about the characterization of Sonic himself, but it did seem like he came off a little rude in the cutscenes? Like less confident, more arrogant. Also, I found that Tails' lines were always getting cut off. I'm not sure if there's an auto advance that was breaking or if it was my controller acting up. Maybe other people have had this problem idk.

I ran through a wall once in hilltop zone. Other than that, not a whole lot to say! It's great!

rusukiplays

Press Start Screen
Mar 6, 2022
hey how did you make this I want to make my own sonic fan game and i was wondering how you did it or if I could look at the games coding so i can make my fangame its going to be called sonic moonrise

rusukiplays

Press Start Screen
Mar 6, 2022
hey how did you make this I want to make my own sonic fan game and i was wondering how you did it or if I could look at the games coding so i can make my fangame its going to be called sonic moonrise
i'm making mines on unity did you?