Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Fan Game Sonic Frost

Discussion in 'Creation Labs' started by TheGoku7729, Oct 26, 2017.

1. TheGoku7729

TheGoku7729 The guy that never finishes his fangames

Phew... welp, here we go again

Hello! I'm making a fangame called Sonic Frost. It's supposed to take place after Sonic 2 and before Sonic 3. Here is the story (not final, i'll change it later):

Story: After beating the Death Egg Robot, Sonic escaped the Death Egg with all 7 emeralds. He lands on his plane (Tails is riding the plane) then, they head for a new island and they see: North Island. As they arrive they quickly notice the state of the island; It was frozen and badniks were all over the place! Which meant, Eggman was up to his old tricks again. Now Sonic and Tails must save the animals and restore the island back to it's original state!
    Here's some screenshots:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (Ice Palace, the second zone, isn't included in both demos, first one because it's old and the level wasn't even conceived, second one because of time constraints due to SAGE)
    The playable characters are:
    • Sonic​
    • Tails​

Download:
    https://sites.google.com/view/sonic-frost-fangame/download

If you find any bugs, please let me know! I'm open for feedback, btw.​

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. Zack

Zack Zackie

Not bad!, but its glitchy..

3. TheGoku7729

Yeah there are some glitches in this demo but we've fixed 'em

4. TheGoku7729

Quick update just to say that it's not dead!
    But nothing much is happening right now. I'm just waiting for Flicky to release so I can move over to that and continue development again.
    [​IMG]
    uhdontaskwhatthatis

5. TheGoku7729

Hey guys! I'm finally back from this... "Hiatus".
    I ported the game to flicky now, (not everything works, i'm still trying to figure out how to fix the corkscrew animation along with the bosses. ) I'm currently figuring out how to use the engine, seeing as it was cancelled prematurely, leaving us without any sort of guide on how to use it.
    But I made it and here are some screenshots/footage!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (Warning: this video is a bit old now) (This one is from the GMate version but it is practically the same in the flicky version )
    The things added were: A new intro cutscene, playable Ice Palace (it's now Arctic Ruins Zone)
    PS: We will try to attend SAGE 2018 if I can manage to redesign Foliage Airway.
    Also.. New Sonic and Tails sprites comin' soon!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  6. AltyTimes

AltyTimes An Alternate Reality