don't click here

Sonic Forces

Isla

Now with 100% more "s"
Aug 30, 2017
I'm all for more Boost Mode gameplay. My favorite parts of Generations were just playing the modern Sonic levels and trying for best time and performance.
Classic Sonic and custom character look jankier than ever, and after Mania I'm kind of spoiled with how well classic Sonic controls, and really don't want to deal with the poor representation that is "Classic Sonic" in 3D.

Last edited:

Mors

maryo flashback
Aug 29, 2017
Kebabland
www.mors-games.com
I'm sure they aren't using it's true power.
Just like with Generations.
No they are. There's no reason for them to use a really dumbed down version of Hedgehog Engine 2 in the first game that uses it.
The game looks worse than Unleashed because of the way they used the lighting and level geometry. Hedgehog Engine 2 is not the one to blame.

Misinko

Feel the the fire! Break your vision!
Aug 29, 2017
I'm sure they aren't using it's true power.
Just like with Generations.
The heck are they gonna use it for outside of Sonic? And if they're gonna only use it for one thing, might as well make that thing look the best it can, instead of degrading the quality with each passing game.

SlumberGlss

Nintender? Who's that?
Aug 29, 2017
The texture work just kills me.
Go to the Enter Infinite trailer, and go to the cutscene where Sonic gets his ass kicked.
Look at that ground.
MMM I LOVE MY LOW-RES TECHURRS

SlumberGlss

Nintender? Who's that?
Aug 29, 2017

yo, what the fuck. this is just a disgrace to these franchises, look what they did to Jet Set Radio, Puyo Puyo, Monkey Ball, and NiGHTs! its really a shameless plug-in for dead franchises that Sega has never really attempted to revive.

gsoft

oh.
May 15, 2017
>Puyo
>dead franchise

Huh?

NiGHTS character looks really creepy right there. Also, that Switch controller skin is hilarious.

Unlimited Trees

Going home
Aug 28, 2017
Space
When I heard about there being Puyo costumes in this game I was originally excited and thought Forces redeemed itself.

Seeing the costume now, and comparing it to the Puyo costumes from Sonic Runners (which was a lower budget game that is now dead completely), I can't believe that Sonic Team were able to ruin something as simple as a costume despite getting it right once before.

Every time I see something new about this game the more worse it gets and it the chance of me getting this game get even smaller by the second.

Clouder

The one and only
Aug 29, 2017
Don't give this any attention

Don't buy it

Don't interact with it in any form

Hopefully SEGA will change their ways after seeing that this pathetic attempt at a cashgrab tanked and, y'know, make quality games again

Unlimited Trees

Going home
Aug 28, 2017
Space
Don't give this any attention

Don't buy it

Don't interact with it in any form

Hopefully SEGA will change their ways after seeing that this pathetic attempt at a cashgrab tanked and, y'know, make quality games again
This.

If we buy this game, then we're basically telling SEGA "Hey I like this I want more of it!".
The reason Sonic Boom is dead is because non of the Boom games sold well.
If you support trash, you get trash. There's a reason why movies like the Emoji Movie are getting made.

Reactions: Jass and Clouder

Clouder

The one and only
Aug 29, 2017
And remember, all publicity is good publicity. Keep talking about the game and people will buy it just for the "So bad, it's good" novelty

Don't let this sell. At all.

Unlimited Trees

Going home
Aug 28, 2017
Space
Let's at least be glad that Sonic Mania is selling so much that it beat Minecraft on Switch, so that might mean that we would at least get some good classic games.

SlumberGlss

Nintender? Who's that?
Aug 29, 2017
Sonic Feces
Brand NEW SPANKIN' GAME
ITS NOTHING LIKE GENERATIONS OR COLORS WE PROMISE! WINK WINK
AHAHAHAHAHA, LETS HAVE HORRIBLE PLATFORMING SEGMENTS

Unlimited Trees

Going home
Aug 28, 2017
Space

Just remember kids, that this game is coming out in 2 months, so if there are any people in this fourm group that thinks that all of this is just "pre-alpha", just remember that usually at this point in time, most games are at the final stages of development and are only going to get some minor changes and bug fixes.

segafan13

Green Hill Zone
Aug 29, 2017

Just remember kids, that this game is coming out in 2 months, so if there are any people in this fourm group that thinks that all of this is just "pre-alpha", just remember that usually at this point in time, most games are at the final stages of development and are only going to get some minor changes and bug fixes.
If i remember, sonic team sayed that they are showing " Earlier Builds" only

If this is true, WHY

No they are. There's no reason for them to use a really dumbed down version of Hedgehog Engine 2 in the first game that uses it.
The game looks worse than Unleashed because of the way they used the lighting and level geometry. Hedgehog Engine 2 is not the one to blame.
Iizuka does not want to use it's true power because "framedrops"

JUST LOOK AT GENERATIONS IN CONSOLES
30FPS
JUST BECAUSE IT COULD DROP BELOW THAT IF UNLOCKED

Last edited by a moderator:

Mors

maryo flashback
Aug 29, 2017
Kebabland
www.mors-games.com
Iizuka does not want to use it's true power because "framedrops"

JUST LOOK AT GENERATIONS IN CONSOLES
30FPS
JUST BECAUSE IT COULD DROP BELOW THAT IF UNLOCKED
Unleashed had a really terrible frame rate though, so I prefer having a game with decent lighting that constantly runs at 30 FPS rather than a game with good lighting that sometimes runs at 30 and sometimes runs at 10 FPS.

And Iizuka is probably not the one who decided on this. Like seriously, when did everyone start blame Iizuka when there's something they don't like in a Sonic game? It's like how Mario fans always blame Miyamoto for literally everything.

Perfect Chaos Zero

Green Hill Zone
Apr 26, 2017
Why would that even be a decision Ilzuka would make? O.o He's not that kind of designer/producer dude, that's some lead programmer shit. Let's just chillax and hope Atlus helps Sonic Team with the next 3D Sonic game.

segafan13

Green Hill Zone
Aug 29, 2017
Yeah ...

Now i realize...Forces looks to be a Fanfiction in MANY ways.

A villian that is more "edgy" than Shadow with a heavy metal theme?, check

An OC ingame?, check

That OC playing the same level along Sonic? Check.