don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Encore

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
While I go back over the levels made so far trying to get a playable demo going, figured id show something else im working on not sure when it will be implemented

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Had a bit of Life get in the way and slow me down, but now getting back on track to get a sharable alpha build out for some feedback, as well as some progress on the second act of Mystic Cave.

Reactions: NeedleMouse90

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Progress Update. I've been working on Act 2 of MCZ with the general map layout done and started to fill in textures and other objects to flesh out the level further.
I also have a link here to a bit of an Alpha Demo of Encore so far to try out and give feedback. to get more eyes in there and spot things i miss or need to improve.
so enjoy.
link is here: Sonic Encore Alpha Demo

progress video

TheGreatGC

Press Start Screen
Dec 20, 2019
BEST FANGAME EVER!!! Even if it IS just an alpha, it plays really well, even better than sonic '06 and generations combined, plus wide variety character selection is beautiful and the voices are accurate as well and not fanmade (fanmade being dubbed voices by other people). Really good experience, please keep up the good work. :D

Reactions: lordgimpet

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
A small clip showing another Badnick I added to Mystic cave Zone, It should finish that Zone now with just coming up with a Boss idea for the Zone.
IceCap act 1 is now all but done. Started on Act 2 but experiencing some burn out for now but should pick up again soon

Attachments

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
so im in the progress of giving Angel island an overhaul, adjusting the paths replacing most of the ripped assets with scratch-built ones, etc

eMorph

Stuck in Marble Zone Act 3
Dec 5, 2019
Could you make each character have different abilities? Like Blaze can hover and shoot fire, Shadow does the Chaos whatevers, Sally has energy swords, Sonic goes faster than the others and can do an insta-shield for better attack range. I thinkit'd be a good idea to add more play options to the bumper engine.

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Could you make each character have different abilities? Like Blaze can hover and shoot fire, Shadow does the Chaos whatevers, Sally has energy swords, Sonic goes faster than the others and can do an install-shield for better attack range. I thinkit'd be a good idea to add more play options to the bumper engine.
That's one thing I've been trying to implement, first is the coding side, im Coding is not my strong point and this project isn't like the others in that it's just me doing the whole thing so there is a lot I have to teach myself. That said I am trying. also the Bumper engine ideally needs a massive overhaul TBH

Some characters may be dropped as a result, but some abilities added may not be correct lore-wise but also the flow-on of levels has to be considered also.
for example, I want to add Knuckles but if I do he will have his glide but might not have his wall climb. Amy would get her Hammer back and use it as her attack method.
and I could try to add her using her hammer on springs gives her a boost.
If i get Amy working then Sally gets her blades.
Others like Mighty are esier as i can just make stomp exclusive to him and make him take a free hit like in mania.