don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Encore

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Hi there first-time poster.
I've recently picked up Unity and been toying about with it and also stumbled across the Bumper Engine,

Below are some pics I've been working one, which is basically eventually trying to recreate my favorite 2D levels in 3D, below is Angel Island Act 1.

while its just to familiarise myself with it all, I amd wondering it others have had bore success with some
feature like Rail grinding or more Badnicks, for Rail grind i can see the scripts but no one has seemed to get it working, searching online has videos of it working but none explain HOW they did it.

Below are some pics of my progress so far in the level,
things I have also added. (im blundering my way through scripting but so far it is been simple)
-Unique UI for each character.
-Timer
-Life counter and Game over state with a screen that sends you back to main menu.
-Added the Comper Badnik, although i should go back and refine the animation somewhat.

Sonicspirit4ever

Green Hill Zone
Jun 27, 2019
YAY you put Blaze in it! This looks pretty damn neat too by the way. I'd like to be notified when this becomes playable!

ScropeX68

Green Hill Zone
Mar 19, 2019
Hi there first-time poster.
I've recently picked up Unity and been toying about with it and also stumbled across the Bumper Engine,

Below are some pics I've been working one, which is basically eventually trying to recreate my favorite 2D levels in 3D, below is Angel Island Act 1.

while its just to familiarise myself with it all, I amd wondering it others have had bore success with some
feature like Rail grinding or more Badnicks, for Rail grind i can see the scripts but no one has seemed to get it working, searching online has videos of it working but none explain HOW they did it.

Below are some pics of my progress so far in the level,
things I have also added. (im blundering my way through scripting but so far it is been simple)
-Unique UI for each character.
-Timer
-Life counter and Game over state with a screen that sends you back to main menu.
-Added the Comper Badnik, although i should go back and refine the animation somewhat.

I wanna get this game SO BAD!

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Haha, I have nearly finished the what started as a trial level and sorta became Act 1 but I've been burning the midnight oil lately and even though it's a bit of a one-man band at the moment.
I have the gest of the level played out at this point. that and still thinking of a name for it. sill ive attached a vis showing Blaze doing the more platforming parts and sonic just trying to go as fast as he can
before i glitch in terrain lol. yeah, you will see some things out of place but that's alpha for you.

ScropeX68

Green Hill Zone
Mar 19, 2019
Music: 100/100 HUD: 100/100 Timer: 0/100 (tbh.) I know it's alpha but you gotta see lots of Sonic Games to make the game the best! I know you can do it! JUST DO IT! (:emoji_ballot_box_with_check: nike)

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm still struggling for a name for this game as many I think of have been taken when I google them :(
I've been tinkering a bit and made some more badniks, as well as a spikeball trap. Im als starting to go back over some of the level assets to make the level look more Agnel Island and less
Green Hill zone :P

I've also been trying to get rail grinding a thing but i can't work it out yet, I understand the splines but coding scripts is not my strong point,

Reactions: Coderman64

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Some more progress to make it look less Green Hill. Ive also been thinking of a working title probably call my project Sonic Encore..... unless its taken but so far google says it hasnt.

Reactions: ScropeX68

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
You gotta go with Sonic Encore! That's a better name!
Yeah I'm sticking with it, testing a title screen atm, I've changed the title of this thread to suit
and below is the first pass of Act 2 of Angel Island, still pretty raw but you get the idea,

Reactions: ScropeX68

ScropeX68

Green Hill Zone
Mar 19, 2019
Way to go! But it would be better if there was fire in most of the routes so that it doesn't look like Savannah Citadel.

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Some more progress today still got some work to do before completely finished, and I am itching to work on a new level.

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Some More progress, started to implement some more monitors, as well as finally lay out the basics of the next zone,

For the next Zone im working on Mystic Cave. For the first Act im going something a little more linear and closed in with many traps and switchable doors to keep things intersting

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Sadly no. being still new to the scene I was un-familiar with SAGE until a week ago. and i don't think I have anything ready for a demo in time, I guess best to wait until next year. hopefully will have more levels and polish to showcase

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
So I have been working on this with SAGE streams running in the background as both a source of inspiration and advice, so below is a short clip of Mystic Cavern with some colour and terrain added. And yeah Im yet to implement Tails own UI and hence is using shadows broken one as a place holder.
as well as my first attempt at adding Tails I must say watching the SAGE demos and trying some myself really helping me with this project thanks community :)

Reactions: jdloaiza

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Almost finished now, started to experiment with rails, give Sally a bit of a makeover, and come up with the dumb idea of trying to add new badniks that aren't the moto bug or gun drone that come with the base bumper engine.

Reactions: Coderman64

lordgimpet

Marble Zone
Jun 17, 2019
Hola, soy Retro Games, me encanta tu trabajo, espero que pronto haya una demo jugable para subir un juego a mi canal de YouTube y promocionar tu proyecto, ¿podrías usar los niveles Sonic 1 y 2 de Sega Master System?
OK hopefully i translated correctly, First due to increasing requests ill try and get a playable build up soon once i return from my USA trip in a couple of weeks. I tried to get one sooner but currently having an issue that makes the game unplayable when built but no errors in unity to help identify as it works perfectly there. so once i solve this i will put something up.

As for Master system levels of sonic, im not sure at this stage. as this is starting to grow faster than I imagined, Originally this was just a small passion project where i wanted to recreate my favorite sonic levels in a 3d environment, but due to positive feedback and encouragement from community I am starting to expand on this, with more levels planned, adding boss fights, badniks and other features Bumper engine lacks, perhaps the odd Master system level may slip in probably from sonic 2 as sonic one was the same as the Megadrive version with the exception of bridge and jungle zones. ill have to dust off my old machine and play though it and see which levels would look good for a make over.

The art side of things as well as levels themselves is the quick part for me its the Coding as required. that is my weakest link and what slows my progress down, once i get all the coding done that needs to be done i can focus more on making the fun stuff .

I also plan on redoing the levels i have already done based on things i have learned since making them originally. redoing alot of the assets to improve performance on lower spec computers as i forget what runs perfect on my beast of a machine might not on others

below is something i'm working on Id like to eventually add to my Angel Island levels