Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Fan Game Sonic Encore

Discussion in 'Creation Labs' started by lordgimpet, Jun 24, 2019.

1. lordgimpet

lordgimpet E Rank Member

Hi there first-time poster.
    I've recently picked up Unity and been toying about with it and also stumbled across the Bumper Engine,

Below are some pics I've been working one, which is basically eventually trying to recreate my favorite 2D levels in 3D, below is Angel Island Act 1.

while its just to familiarise myself with it all, I amd wondering it others have had bore success with some
    feature like Rail grinding or more Badnicks, for Rail grind i can see the scripts but no one has seemed to get it working, searching online has videos of it working but none explain HOW they did it.

Below are some pics of my progress so far in the level,
    things I have also added. (im blundering my way through scripting but so far it is been simple)
    -Unique UI for each character.
    -Timer
    -Life counter and Game over state with a screen that sends you back to main menu.
    -Added the Comper Badnik, although i should go back and refine the animation somewhat.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Sonicspirit4ever

Sonicspirit4ever E Rank Member

YAY you put Blaze in it! This looks pretty damn neat too by the way. I'd like to be notified when this becomes playable!

3. ScropeX68

ScropeX68 E Rank Member

I wanna get this game SO BAD!

4. lordgimpet

lordgimpet E Rank Member

Haha, I have nearly finished the what started as a trial level and sorta became Act 1 but I've been burning the midnight oil lately and even though it's a bit of a one-man band at the moment.
    I have the gest of the level played out at this point. that and still thinking of a name for it. sill ive attached a vis showing Blaze doing the more platforming parts and sonic just trying to go as fast as he can
    before i glitch in terrain lol. yeah, you will see some things out of place but that's alpha for you.

5. ScropeX68

ScropeX68 E Rank Member

Music: 100/100 HUD: 100/100 Timer: 0/100 (tbh.) I know it's alpha but you gotta see lots of Sonic Games to make the game the best! I know you can do it! JUST DO IT! (:emoji_ballot_box_with_check: nike)

6. lordgimpet

lordgimpet E Rank Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm still struggling for a name for this game as many I think of have been taken when I google them :(
    I've been tinkering a bit and made some more badniks, as well as a spikeball trap. Im als starting to go back over some of the level assets to make the level look more Agnel Island and less
    Green Hill zone :P

I've also been trying to get rail grinding a thing but i can't work it out yet, I understand the splines but coding scripts is not my strong point,

[​IMG]

7. lordgimpet

lordgimpet E Rank Member

Some more progress to make it look less Green Hill. Ive also been thinking of a working title probably call my project Sonic Encore..... unless its taken but so far google says it hasnt.

8. ScropeX68

ScropeX68 E Rank Member

You gotta go with Sonic Encore! That's a better name!

9. lordgimpet

lordgimpet E Rank Member

Yeah I'm sticking with it, testing a title screen atm, I've changed the title of this thread to suit
    and below is the first pass of Act 2 of Angel Island, still pretty raw but you get the idea,

10. ScropeX68

ScropeX68 E Rank Member

Way to go! But it would be better if there was fire in most of the routes so that it doesn't look like Savannah Citadel.

11. lordgimpet

lordgimpet E Rank Member

Ha im already working on that :P [​IMG]

and now got water physics too

[​IMG]