don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Crisis: Twilight Relevation

EveningSun

Articulate-Elligence
Oct 6, 2017
Moonlit Coast Zone, Mobius.
Okay guys, Hello. I figured I really should put this project out there, despite it's hiatus it went through the past 1.5 years. Sonic Crisis have been a project that's been in development technically over the past several years, but didn't get it's identity until around... Winter of 2015.

This project is inspired off of the Sonic Adventure titles, Sonic 06, & Shadow the hedgehog.
I always wanted to create a 2D-esque, sprite-based Sonic game that played mainly like the adventure titles, with a serious-in depth plot, rivaling Sonic Adventure 2's and Sonic 06's.

I'm rusty with presentations so I'm going to cut the chatter and show you a screeny. Introducing:

SCShowCaseComp1pt1.png

Now, you guys may of seen someone else using my title for their fan-game.
Well here's what happened... This was a name & title I developed. I commissioned someone on deviant art to design it. Once he finished, he wanted to post it on his page also. I guess he does that with any commission he does for someone, I didn't mind it really. Though in the description of his post containing my commission, he did acknowledged that it was a commission I proposed for a project I've been working on for sometime.
Now, the person who used it thought it was free-to-use... Especially since he didn't see that my project was posted on any other forum... Well it wasn't haha. I did contact him concerning this and he did apologize, and told me he didn't check the description of the post to see that this title was a reserved commission for my project. So thankfully he did change the title of his fan-game which is now being called Sonic Twilight.

So yes, situations like that is partially why I decided to create a thread here so the world will know that this project is a thing, and it has been a thing for a few years. I only ever posted about this fan-game project on the sonic united forums, which is now shut down I think. I couldn't find my original thread on there I made back in early 2016. So here it is.

Seeing as Sage 2017 happened... I took that as a wake-up call that I REALLY should get back to working on this fan-game. I still have a huge passion for game development, it's just lately I haven't really felt like putting the hard work I once did into this, as it is just a hobby. And ya know I have to put a priority on real life, I am going to be going back to school, & work so... Yeah haha.

Anyhow with all of that out of the way, here's more screenies. c:

(Sonic Crisis) Sapphire Coast Preview.png

SCShowCaseComp1pt2.png

SCShowCaseComp1pt3.png

SCShowCasePauseScreenMovesetOption.png

WaterRun.gif

Now some of these are old previews. As I'm coming back from my hiatus, my vision for this project changed. There are alot of things I now plan to revise, remove and/or simply change.

The concepts & ideas I originally had were kinda... messy. I realized that what I had planned before was very unnecessary for a Sonic the hedgehog 2D platformer that's suppose to play like the Adventure titles.

Fortunately as you can see from that gif, I haven't designed the first level yet. So I could still redo some things from the ground-up if i wanted too.

Here's a brief list of what I had planned:
-Shadow the hedgehog as a playable character. (With his own unique moveset. He won't be a sonic clone.)
-14+ zones. (Since this is a Sonic Adventure inspired project, there won't be act 1's, act 2's, etc. Just one big level which takes an average of 2.5 to 4 min's to complete)
-Unlockables & extras (Such as red-star rings & emblems to collect. To encourage exploration and replayability)
-Mission & time attack modes.
-Unique zones for both Sonic & Shadow. (The 14+ zones won't be the exact same for both characters. Out of the maximum amount of zones available, only a few zones will be exclusive to Sonic & Shadow. Also, Sonic and Shadow will have special character specific routes you could travel if you do encounter a level that's the same if you play as either of them. Like how Knuckles had special routes in Sonic 3 & Knuckles compared to Sonic)
-This game's playtime length should stretch out to a minimum of 10 hours. If you're simply doing the main campaign
-Sprite & Comic-style cut-scenes with voice acting. (Hopefully)

So... Yes, here you guys go. I have NO CLUE when a release date will be available or even a demo.
I could use some help with this project though. I still need someone who could help me out with music production and graphics/sprites.

Great Lange

The Great Lange
Apr 26, 2017
The Land of Waldos
There's a conflict here concerning this fangame.
https://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forums/showcase/sonic-crisis-twilight-revelation.49/

This SAGE 2017 submission has the same title and logo, but was submitted by someone else.
You comment on it saying they are stolen, which the submitter replies they have been changed.
It doesn't appear that anything about the submission has been changed, unless it was something different before?
We can't have two of the same games around with claims of theft going on. If that game is indeed using a stolen identity and content it would be invalid for SAGE and the showcase on this site. Was this not reported? We need some resolution here.
Can we get a statement from him that these belong to your project? And if so, what do we do about the existing showcase submission, which still features this title and logo in both the page and the game?

Perfect Chaos Zero

Green Hill Zone
Apr 26, 2017
I would like to point out that, I looked into this just a bit.

a89c64d1e9b39d5d9b919ea3ac8b5f76.jpg

As you can see, the title in both submissions is in fact, water marked. You can also see from this screenshot that it was made explicitly for the use of one Evening Realm, which judging by the name, appears to be Evening Sun. As far as I can tell, homie in the other submission literally ganked the title off of DeviantArt, water mark and all. Since the watermark clearly demonstrates who the original author is and said original author appears to state that it's Evening here that is in fact, the rightfully intended user of this content, from the looks of it. If the other submission wants to stay on the page in needs a new logo, ASAP along with a new title. It's painfully obvious this one was lifted off of deviant art. A very inappropriate action, might I point out.

P.S. If dude actually participated in the discord, he could probably find someone who could cook up a logo for him in a few minutes. Don't know why anyone turns to theft of stuff like this, it's so unnecessary.

EveningSun

Articulate-Elligence
Oct 6, 2017
Moonlit Coast Zone, Mobius.
He's aware now, that the title wasn't free-to-use. Thus I'm not upset at him now. I guess he forgot to change his Sage 2017 entry. He did a least change the title of his fan-game though as far as him posting about it on Youtube, which I guess is the primary platform he uses.. Here's the video if you guys wanted to read a bit more into it. He even acknowledge it in the video description.

SomeProof.png

Anyway, I didn't want this thread to be about someone mistakenly taking my title haha.
I want to try to post about progress being made with my project from here on out. I may redo my initial post format, since this is suppose to be a showcase thread. I may just include a brief 'what happened' as a 'P.S' message at the end.