Fan Game Sonic Ahead (Working Title)

nihilist

Currently working on Sonic Worlds Deluxe.
Jan 25, 2019
Brazil
SONIC AHEAD [UPDATE]

Hi. I'm creating a fangame based on NSSSW Engine called "Sonic Ahead".

Planning between 8 levels (three will be remakes of Genesis levels with new additions). The gameplay it's similar to S3&K, SONIC CD and SONIC MANIA.

Planned Features:
• 4 Playable Characters
• Special Stages
• Super Sonic's Ending
• Five Original Levels and Three Re-imagined
• Time Attack Mode
• Encore Mode
• Level transition similar to Sonic 3 & Knuckles

I need spriters/pixel artists to help me with the original sprites and edits (I'm not a pixel artist :c) and musicians for original songs. If you are interested, please send me a private message.

(Labyrinth Zone - Early Alpha)

Attachments

Last edited:

WizToad

Mushroom Person
Apr 13, 2018
UK
Honestly, while the screenshots do look very promising so far, I don't really see what you're trying to achieve with this game. It just seems like another Classic game/Mania wanna-be without a real gimmick here. I feel like you could probably try and make this game a bit more unique somehow without following all of the basic tropes some other fangame follow these days.

Reactions: nihilist

nihilist

Jan 25, 2019
Brazil
Honestly, while the screenshots do look very promising so far, I don't really see what you're trying to achieve with this game. It just seems like another Classic game/Mania wanna-be without a real gimmick here. I feel like you could probably try and make this game a bit more unique somehow without following all of the basic tropes some other fangame follow these days.
Good point, thanks. I don't wanna make just another classic Sonic fangame, but Sonic Mania is the main inspiration of this game. I want to remake three of the classic Sonic levels (Labyrinth, Metropolis and Mystic Cave) and make five other original levels, but I don't have the original graphics to do that and doing this alone it's so hard. I am trying to do something great with the classic levels to get help of the community to create something new... Well, I will implement other things too, but this is a surprise for now.

Last edited:

nihilist

Jan 25, 2019
Brazil
[UPDATE]

A little video showing some of the level I am creating. Excuse me, but It is still in early stage, so it is missing some details, rings, enemies and the rest of the level. When the stage is completed, I will upload a playable demo with polishments. For now, that's it. Please give me a good or negative feedback. That's important for me.

*Yes, I'm brazilian.

EDIT:

Mystic Cave (WIP)

Last edited: