don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Adventure 2D - Devlog

DinoEpic3

Station Square
Jul 31, 2022
Central City
In December 2019 I started making a 2D demake of SA1 on Scratch. 3 years later, it moved to Unity and I'm barely anywhere in the project.
This thread is for me to post updates that I think deserve a spot here & to answer questions people have on the project.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opening Update, Game version; 0.0.2 Engine; Unity
-Featuring a broken level and a broken menu, this is the update to start them all, the Engine I'm (was) using
is Sonic Realms Master Edition for Unity 2020, the level screenshot features an unused graphic (boy I wonder what?)
1670199151395.png

1670199208517.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game version 0.0.1- Yea we went down in versions, I restarted the
level to make it more. Fun & Cool-lookin'
(Like the Placeholder text? The Background & Sonic are also overdue for an update, not just the UI)

Screenshot 2023-01-12 174515.png
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Version 0.0.3 - I want to give an updated version of the previous image.
/NOTE; there are still lives in the game, the counter's just gone/ Screenshot 2023-04-09 140209.png

----------------------------- Update For Godot 10/20/2023 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot 2023-10-20 184131.png

-------------------------------- Update For Godot 11/5/23 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent all of October studying Sonic Level Design Philosophy, aiming for a mix of Sonic 3 Massive Branching Paths and Sonic Adventure's Giant Set pieces. So I'm spending November actually working on the level, and I am surprisingly far for how long I've been working.
Screenshot 2023-11-05 104007.png
----------------------------------- Update For Godot 12/25/2023 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Holidays!.png

Last edited:
Reactions: legolloyd

DinoEpic3

Station Square
Jul 31, 2022
Central City
---- Update For Godot 10/20/2023 ----
Because of the recent Unity Dev Crisis I moved to Godot.
And suggested by MudkipWithShades I'm using the
Sonic Worlds Next Engine for Godot 4. I am early in development but
the work on the Unity version gave me a lot of direction with this project
and I feel like It's coming along well for how early in development it is.

The Image is on the main thread; the forums won't allow me to add it here.

Again feel free to give feedback or ask questions but I'll say this one
quick; I'm not looking for a team to make this, I'm happy soloing this.

Last edited:

DinoEpic3

Station Square
Jul 31, 2022
Central City
---- Update For Godot 12/25/2023 ----
Happy Holidays! For my Christmas Present this year, I'm
happy to announce that the First Level of SA2D is
FINALLY finished, only bug fixes and swapping
placeholder sprites from here! I'm already making the
assets for the next stage.

Last edited: