don't click here

Hack Sonic Advance (Android) - Anniversary Mods Pack

Furikan

Green Hill Zone
Apr 20, 2021
SAHeader.png

In 2001, Sonic Advance was released for the Game Boy Advance in Japan.

In 2011, Sonic Advance was ported to Android devices (only in Japan).

In 2021, Sonic Advance on Android gets brand new mods, ready for this game's 20th anniversary !

The Anniversary Mods Pack is a collection of mods of the Sonic Advance's Android port to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the original Game Boy Advance release. The mods makes this game as followed :
TitleMultiAspect.png
First, the mods makes the game look better for Android devices with aspect ratios between 16:9 and 21:9. The mods were designed so the game looks graphically the same in 16:9 and lower.

SIDE NOTE :
Some menus, the opening and the special stages don't look perfect.
And the water animation in the first zone is slightly different to the original Android port. It actually resembles the animation from the original Game Boy Advance version.

AspectRatios.png

TitleTranslated.png
The mods also have translated text inspired by its original Japanese version and the Game Boy Advance version's instruction manuals. The languages are English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Japanese.

TitleSoundtracks.png
Alongside the different languages, there are 2 versions of the mods :
one with the original .MIDI soundtrack.
the other with the soundtrack with the instruments used from the Game Boy Advance version. The GBA mix mods are meant to use .OGG files.

SIDE NOTE :
The GBA mix mods do NOT contain the exact same soundtrack as the original Game Boy Advance version. Instead, they replicate the .MIDI soundtrack (with the exception being the "invincibility" tracks). This means the music uses for the first and second boss music of X-zone are actually GBA remixes of the .MIDI versions ("E.G.G. STATION ZONE" and "BOSS THEME 2" from Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1).

DEVELOPMENT LIST

LIST OF POTENTIAL IMPROVEMENTS :
- Fix the graphical glitches of the game opening.
- Upscale the "suspend_resume_0" image and canvas.
- Improve the Character Select menu graphical presentation.
- Replace the sound option menu with a soundtrack select menu (HELP WANTED).
- Remove the "Not compatible for new Android device" message.

LIST OF PREVIOUS MODIFICATIONS/IMPROVEMENTS :
- Upscale the game canvas size from 284 to 373 pixels wide.
- Add extra graphics on certain backgrounds (some are ripped from the Gameloft version, others are either repeats or mirrored).
- Upscale certain zones backgrounds canvas.
- Make a GBA remix of "bgm_49_boss_f1" and "bgm_50_boss_f2".
- Change the "land on plane" sound effect timing of "bgm_38_ending_final" in the GBA mix versions.
- Upscale the confirm character select hit detection from 80 to 112 pixels wide.
- Remove the play "op_patch" sound command in the GBA mix versions to prevent listening to the same sound effect twice.
- Change the first zone's background water animation in order to work on different aspect ratios.
- Increase the background width of the Special Ending.
- Improve the game speed slightly by putting a Thread.sleep from 10 to 0.
- Make a Portuguese version of the mods.

From the version 2.0.0 :
- Smoothed quality texts in the HELP and CREDITS menu and in the TIPS board during loading screens.
- Sleep mode crash fixed. Instead of crashing the game, the RESUME screen will show up.
- Change the "rating in Google Play Store menu" into a simple "Thanks for playing" screen.

BE A BETA TESTER

If you want to be credited as a beta tester in the game, you have to play one of the game mods first. Then, contact me that you want to be credited and share your thoughts about the game mods.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

The Anniversary mods pack is finally here! However, the mods will probably get some updates. So take a look sometimes!

Link to SFGHQ project page : SAGE 2021 - Complete - Sonic Advance (Android) - Anniversary Mods Pack | Sonic Fan Games HQ
Link to Game Jolt project page : Sonic Advance (Android) - Anniversary Mods Pack by Furikan - Game Jolt

Current Mods Version: 2.2.0

Last edited:
Reactions: Valeev

Furikan

Green Hill Zone
Apr 20, 2021
nice,Portuguese please
my mod:
So, do you want me to make my mod of this game into Portuguese ?
If so, I normally only make a different language version when I can obtain an instructions manual of Sonic Advance for the Game Boy Advance.
Although apparently, the Portuguese instructions manual is the same as the Spanish one. So if that's the case, I can just translate the whole text to Portuguese no problem.

By the way, if you think that I copied your idea when it comes to making a mod, that's not the case. Because despite the mod doesn't make the game look different, I modified it in the way to improve the game issues rather than just modifying the graphical assets.

Reactions: GUILHERME PORT APK

GdGohan

Knight Of The Wind
Oct 12, 2020
If so, I normally only make a different language version when I can obtain an instructions manual of Sonic Advance for the Game Boy Advance.
Although apparently, the Portuguese instructions manual is the same as the Spanish one. So if that's the case, I can just translate the whole text to Portuguese no problem.

By the way, if you think that I copied your idea when it comes to making a mod, that's not the case. Because despite the mod doesn't make the game look different, I modified it in the way to improve the game issues rather than just modifying the graphical assets.
thanks;)
good job

GdGohan

Knight Of The Wind
Oct 12, 2020

you could put other people's mods so that the images are changed
it would be cool to play several mods at the same time;)

Furikan

Green Hill Zone
Apr 20, 2021
you could put other people's mods so that the images are changed
it would be cool to play several mods at the same time;)
Nope. I don't do that. Otherwise, it would be like making commissions.

I'd rather making stuff for myself and then sharing it to others.

GUILHERME PORT APK

Green Hill Zone
Feb 24, 2021
as you do not speak my language i will translate what is written ta saying that it is not compatible with a modern device, very good your mods you fixed the bug if you leave the app and come back crashes the game and it works in full screen just have to go options of my cell phone and force full screen that works very well. (I made a short video testing it) 10703

Furikan

Green Hill Zone
Apr 20, 2021
as you do not speak my language i will translate what is written ta saying that it is not compatible with a modern device, very good your mods you fixed the bug if you leave the app and come back crashes the game and it works in full screen just have to go options of my cell phone and force full screen that works very well. (I made a short video testing it) View attachment 10703
Oh yes ! I know what you're talking about. I'll try to fix this issue too.

But for that, I need your help : Can you uninstall Sonic Advance from your smartphone, then re-download the package here and install the game again ?
If you don't see this message that you just show me, that means I fixed this issue and I'll credit you in my project if you want !

Furikan

Green Hill Zone
Apr 20, 2021
[QUOTE = "Furikan, postagem: 5050, membro: 18030"]
Ai sim ! Eu sei do que você está falando. Vou tentar corrigir esse problema também.

Mas, para isso, preciso da sua ajuda: você pode desinstalar o Sonic Advance do smartphone, baixar novamente o pacote aqui e instalar o jogo novamente?
Se você não vir esta mensagem que acabou de me mostrar, isso significa que corrigi o problema e vou creditar a você no meu projeto, se quiser!
[/CITAR]
the problem continues, and yes I would like to be credited as a beta tester
Well... this is unfortunate.
I'll credit you, by the way !