Green Hill Zone
- Apr 20, 2021
In 2001, Sonic Advance was released for the Game Boy Advance in Japan.
In 2011, Sonic Advance was ported to Android devices (only in Japan).
In 2021, Sonic Advance on Android gets brand new mods, ready for this game's 20th anniversary !
The Anniversary Mods Pack is a collection of mods of the Sonic Advance's Android port to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the original Game Boy Advance release. The mods makes this game as followed :
SIDE NOTE :
Some menus, the opening and the special stages don't look perfect.
And the water animation in the first zone is slightly different to the original Android port. It actually resembles the animation from the original Game Boy Advance version.
one with the original .MIDI soundtrack.
the other with the soundtrack with the instruments used from the Game Boy Advance version. The GBA mix mods are meant to use .OGG files.
SIDE NOTE :
The GBA mix mods do NOT contain the exact same soundtrack as the original Game Boy Advance version. Instead, they replicate the .MIDI soundtrack (with the exception being the "invincibility" tracks). This means the music uses for the first and second boss music of X-zone are actually GBA remixes of the .MIDI versions ("E.G.G. STATION ZONE" and "BOSS THEME 2" from Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1).
LIST OF POTENTIAL IMPROVEMENTS :
- Fix the graphical glitches of the game opening.
- Upscale the "suspend_resume_0" image and canvas.
- Improve the Character Select menu graphical presentation.
- Replace the sound option menu with a soundtrack select menu (HELP WANTED).
- Remove the "Not compatible for new Android device" message.
LIST OF PREVIOUS MODIFICATIONS/IMPROVEMENTS :
- Upscale the game canvas size from 284 to 373 pixels wide.
- Add extra graphics on certain backgrounds (some are ripped from the Gameloft version, others are either repeats or mirrored).
- Upscale certain zones backgrounds canvas.
- Make a GBA remix of "bgm_49_boss_f1" and "bgm_50_boss_f2".
- Change the "land on plane" sound effect timing of "bgm_38_ending_final" in the GBA mix versions.
- Upscale the confirm character select hit detection from 80 to 112 pixels wide.
- Remove the play "op_patch" sound command in the GBA mix versions to prevent listening to the same sound effect twice.
- Change the first zone's background water animation in order to work on different aspect ratios.
- Increase the background width of the Special Ending.
From the version 2.0.0 :
- Smoothed quality texts in the HELP and CREDITS menu and in the TIPS board during loading screens.
- Sleep mode crash fixed. Instead of crashing the game, the RESUME screen will show up.
- Change the "rating in Google Play Store menu" into a simple "Thanks for playing" screen.
BE A BETA TESTER
If you want to be credited as a beta tester in the game, you have to play one of the game mods first. Then, contact me that you want to be credited and share your thoughts about the game mods.
The Anniversary mods pack is finally here! However, the mods will probably get some updates. So take a look sometimes!
If you can't download this pack here, you can download the mods in my Game Jolt project page.
Link to Game Jolt project page : Sonic Advance (Android) - Anniversary Mods Pack by Furikan - Game Jolt
Package version : 1.0.3
127.2 MB Views: 18