don't click here

Fan Game Sonic 3 A.I.R.

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
it is complicated indeed, for first this appears when i try to load the game:
and for second line 3 has a bad string
The screenshots seems to be reduced in size, hard to read, but it looks like a parser error for the changed config file.
The RomPath line must look like this (including the quotes and the comma at the end):
"RomPath": "Sonic 3 & Knuckles.bin",
...assuming the ROM file name is "Sonic 3 & Knuckles.bin", of course.
Also make sure the ROM file is located in the same folder as the config file.

Reactions: Sgn98

Ronald Rose

Green Hill Zone
Jun 3, 2018
The screenshots seems to be reduced in size, hard to read, but it looks like a parser error for the changed config file.
The RomPath line must look like this (including the quotes and the comma at the end):
"RomPath": "Sonic 3 & Knuckles.bin",
...assuming the ROM file name is "Sonic 3 & Knuckles.bin", of course.
Also make sure the ROM file is located in the same folder as the config file.
But Where, in Command Prompt?

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
But Where, in Command Prompt?
In the config.json file that is part of the game. You have to open it with a text editor, and change the "RomPath" line.
This is only needed if you want to try a different ROM than the S3K Steam version.

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
it happen when i was in air, high above the boss area. maybe that's what caused the glitch
Thank you! That confirms that it probably was the glitch shown towards the end in this old video by ORKAL:

(Thanks to him for making these S3K glitch videos ages ago.)
I'm happy to say that this bug is fixed for the next demo!

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
What it the Next Demo Going to Be?
Is It Going to Have Windows 7 Support?
The next demo is meant to be the final demo for SAGE 2018, so it will be ready in the next 2-3 weeks or so.
As I'm concentrating on bug fixes right now (including a large overhaul of the sound playback), there won't be new content yet. Just some minor tweaks and additions here and there.

Regarding the crash problem you are facing, this is probably not related to Windows 7. At least the game runs on other Windows 7 machines without issues. But I'll send you a private message on that.

ACStriker

Green Hill Zone
Hello there! I have a issue: While I have placed the rom in the game folder and the game does boot on the menu and on, there are several graphic layers missing in my game for some reason. If it helps, my laptop is Intel Pentium B960, Intel HD Graphics, supports max OpenGL3.1, and I'm using Windows 7.

Attachments

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Hey folks!
Some change of plans, there's a new update right now.

It's missing the sound playback fixes I mentioned last week, but includes lots of other bug fixes and various smaller improvements, including:
- Reworked most of the menues, e.g. extended options, a proper pause menu, better time attack results screen
- Fixed various glitches in the MHZ 2 boss, especially when playing with Knuckles
- Using a much faster xBRZ filter now
- Optional software renderer that should avoid the severe in-game graphics issues the old version has on some Intel graphics cards; this has to be enabled manually, see the Readme PDF!
- Added a secret you have to find yourself :)

Download link: http://85.214.142.96/sonic3air_demo.zip
Enjoy!

Ronald Rose

Green Hill Zone
Jun 3, 2018
Hey folks!
Some change of plans, there's a new update right now.

It's missing the sound playback fixes I mentioned last week, but includes lots of other bug fixes and various smaller improvements, including:
- Reworked most of the menues, e.g. extended options, a proper pause menu, better time attack results screen
- Fixed various glitches in the MHZ 2 boss, especially when playing with Knuckles
- Using a much faster xBRZ filter now
- Optional software renderer that should avoid the severe in-game graphics issues the old version has on some Intel graphics cards; this has to be enabled manually, see the Readme PDF!
- Added a secret you have to find yourself :)

Download link: http://85.214.142.96/sonic3air_demo.zip
Enjoy!
What's a Secret on That Last One Below the Download Link?

Vampirate

Green Hill Zone
Aug 6, 2018
Thank You Eukatyot for this amazingness!
Now Sonic 3K is much more candy for the eyes and i feel myself much less claustrophobic with widescreen :)

I bought the steam version just for this fangame and its worth the money. It looks soo good and smooth!
We will never get the Taxman remastered S3K.
Keep up the good work :) Bruddah!

I cant wait for the final version! Arrrr!

MasterGamingRo

Press Start Screen
Aug 8, 2018
It's awesome. I like the Knuckles and Tails secret is pretty neat and I want to Tails actually fly me like in Sonic Mania. I know right now you are porting the game but its gonna be nice when you add it. I hope to take time and reduce the bugs as most as you can. <3

Sgn98

Green Hill Zone
Aug 9, 2018
Italy
stegon.blogspot.it
I am very pleased that finally there is a version redone Sonic 3 worthy of his name and if one day were to arrive on Android (has already happened with Sonic CD, 1 and 2 with Taxman), I would gladly play it, everyday!

What I'd like so much is that on Sonic 3 A.I.R. there is the possibility of being able to play the music of Sonic & Knuckles Collection (PC - 1997), as had already happened with Sonic 3 Complete and in more that saw me approached the Sonic saga thanks to that game. :D

francis247uk

Green Hill Zone
Aug 9, 2018
UK
This is excellent - great job Eukaryot, bought a Steam key especially and wasn't disappointed - worked flawlessly.

I do have a couple of questions - how long did this take to put together - is this years worth of work, or did it take a few months? How long do you anticipate working on it to do the other zones? Will it have the original menus in the finished version?

Really looking forward to how this progresses, keep up the good work!

Last edited: