don't click here

Hack Sonic 1: REV02

TL1882

Green Hill Zone
Oct 10, 2020
Hey.there's a new SCHG How-to guide about how to add the superpeelout. It's currently in Category:SCHG How-to; Sonic the Hedgehog (1)!

(to get there, 1) Go to the main Sonic Community Hacking Guide (SCHG) page and click the link marked SCHG How-tos and then from there, click the other link marked
SCHG How-tos; Sonic The Hedgehog (16-bit)or2)go to an already existing tutorial in SCHG How-toGuide, and go to the very bottom of the file but where you see other Sonic 1 tutorials in categorys; and after finishing either of those steps (yes, only EITHER one) you'll find a tutorial called Add SuperPeelOut to Sonic 1 or just Add SuperPeelOut. That's it!)

I hope you enjoy that tutorial and I also hope you add the move to Sonic 1 (for Short) yourself!

(Sorry for the bad English in one of the parts. It was because sometimes, my spelling needs to be corrected, but the way the text system in this site works gives me a hard time typing. Here's the correct spelling for 2 spaces: 'SCHG How-tos; Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit)' or 2)" and "SCHG How-to; Guide")

"Whoooooooooooooosh" (wind sound from me racing really fast. (yes, I have super speed.))
I can't find it do you have a link?

zersfers

Formerly conehead i guess
May 12, 2018
the vast cold lands of michigan
Nani?????? I did not even notice there was a 2nd page (im guessing i dont have notifications turned on or something :T)
Replying 2 a couple recent postings:

Damn, I can't wait how it's gonna turn out when you finish it.
It will be rather scrumptious, however i am having problems with the peelout (kinda long and detailed, if yall must know i will explain in a separate post)

that's not mephone from II, it's my OC "IPod Touch 4G".
I havent seen an object thingy oc in about 10000000000000000000 years

I can't find it do you have a link?
The post was deleted (kinda sucks because it was the only place where u could get my hack off of sonicretro, there was a link to download it on the tutorial.)

Btw in case yall havent noticed yet, i changed basically everything about my profile and also i work at mcdonalds now so yeah.

Ronald Rose

Green Hill Zone
Jun 3, 2018
Once the peelout is done, would you consider getting the goggles to work? I tried adding goggles in labyrinth Zone and Scrap Brian Zone Act 3 but They're not there.

zersfers

May 12, 2018
Once the peelout is done, would you consider getting the goggles to work? I tried adding goggles in labyrinth Zone and Scrap Brian Zone Act 3 but They're not there.
I could do that i guess. I used that sonic retro tutorial to make them actually work but i didn't bother putting them in the debug list for those zones (then again tho, the debug lists for all zones only have one monitor that doesn't do anything.)
I assume they only work if u try adding them with a level editor or something.

Ronald Rose

Green Hill Zone
Jun 3, 2018
Maybe SonPLN. I do add the monitors into my project I'm working on. At first I thought they're added, but today when I use SonLVL that's where I started adding custom monitors to that game. So SonLVL is the way to go. The ring I added in Labyrinth Zone Act 1, yeah, I did that too. Are they're other stuff I missed from REV01 I need to change?

zersfers

May 12, 2018
Maybe SonPLN. I do add the monitors into my project I'm working on. At first I thought they're added, but today when I use SonLVL that's where I started adding custom monitors to that game. So SonLVL is the way to go. The ring I added in Labyrinth Zone Act 1, yeah, I did that too. Are they're other stuff I missed from REV01 I need to change?
Uh, i can't exactly say myself what differences there are between rev00 and 01 (there are a lot) but the cutting room floor lists them all i believe

Ronald Rose

Green Hill Zone
Jun 3, 2018
I found out you can switch to a different art tile for Sonic to make the goggles work.

starlightbotanist

Green Hill Zone
Aug 8, 2022
Just wanted to say thanks for making this.

I have been looking for a while for a better way to play sonic 1 on original hardware. All I really wanted was the spike bug fix and the spindash. Every romhack out there seems to get something wrong. No "dust" under the spindash, strange level changes, spindash controls effecting the camera, or incompatibility with original hardware. This one just works.

I don't know if it's possible to do this, but if this could be made into a patch, I am sure many over at romhacking.net would love to have this.

sonic7978

Green Hill Zone
Sep 5, 2020
I have played your game this year I like it Spindash is add it impressive you make the credits goes to you @Zesfers Congrats i like to play more of your design and sonic romhack games thank you i like what you done it i give this 10 out of 10