don't click here

Realms of Mobius 3D

ChaosFusion

Coffee Addict
Aug 29, 2017
Realms of Mobius
WIP Open Source 3D Sonic Engine

Description:
Realms of Mobius or RoM for short is a open source 3D Sonic engine that I'm working on. The idea originally was to create a special stage engine that was also open source however lazine...ahem...circumstances and disappointment with the coding caused me to drop it. Now, rebuilt from the ground up with elements of the original build, I intend on releasing this for others to use whether it's for their own spin on pseudo 3D games or bonus game for their main project.
Naturally there's still quite a bit of work to do so can't really say if there's any release date of sorts.

Features:
  • Easy to Understand Setup
  • Basic Movement
  • Varied Level Terrain Height (Limited to block at the moment)
  • Basic Level Gimmicks(Shields, Monitors, Rings, etc)
  • Basic Slope Collisions (Still being worked on)
  • Classic Sonic Abilities
  • Build in Special Stage Goals
  • Controller Support (Tested only with wired Xbox 360 Controller)
  • Hazards
  • Water physics
  • Versions for GM8, GM8.1, GMS (Currently using GM8 for the sake of having the earlier version ready to be transferred over)
Screenshots:

Videos:

Older Version for Comparison:

Download Link:
Here

Murasaki

Co-Creator of Sonic Utopia
Aug 29, 2017
Ooh, I love the cute retro style~ Can't wait to see how this comes along. :D

ChaosFusion

Coffee Addict
Aug 29, 2017
Been a While.
The Sonic Unleashed Side scroller sections are now possible. Using Paths, 2D segments can be implemented into levels

Also, giving the Ai's some form of intelligence so they aren't just SpinDash Fodder. Buzz Bombers will swarm around the player until they either dash towards them or shoot. During that phase, they are vulnerable to attacks...Or you can get them to crash into a wall. Whatever floats your boat.