Post Your Screenshots Thread

Dark04

Asshole
Aug 26, 2019

Just showcasing my fangame, i finish half of act 1 with level design. DarkVampireDee, thank you for the tiles uWu

Reactions: BlazefireLP

I_AM_NOONE_LOL

dead account
Sep 9, 2018

Slowly, but surely, this thing being worked on.
(Graphics by BinBowie, VAdaPEGA, LooneyDude, and TheStoneBanana in the screenshot and video, dialogue in the textbox by Misinko, music by BinBowie, programmed by me, Natsumi, and TheStoneBanana)

This is Dr. Yundong, a hack of Sonic 3K led by BinBowie and VAdaPEGA that is primarily inspired by Chinese bootlegs. It has been in development since 2016 and started off as a Sonic 1 hack. The core engine has been reworked a bit and now works well enough for our needs. It's just a matter of finding time to work on it anymore (irl stuff gets in the way nowadays, woo!) There's a lot planned for this, but I can't show everything off yet ;V. I can at least say that there's gonna be an overworld system.

OST Preview

Last edited:

I_AM_NOONE_LOL

dead account
Sep 9, 2018
We have no deadlines. Because our real lives have been starting to take over more and more, there's been much less time to work on it. At this point, we're just working on it when we can, and as such, I think it'd be kinda ridiculous to set up a deadline at this point.

Reactions: P3DR0

Hyper McSpeedster

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 11, 2017
This isn't really a screenshot so much as it is a trailer, but I wanted to share it as a sneak peek of what's to come.

Coderman64

Sound Test
Oct 2, 2019
coderman64.github.io
Hey all! I'm kinda new here, so tell me if this isn't the place for this...

After a few years of leaving it on the back burner, I finally decided to post my Sonic engine here on SFGHQ. It's completely written in HTML and JS, so you can run it from inside a website, even on your phone or tablet (like this). I was hoping that, if I got a little more attention for it, I'd be more motivated to pick it up and start working on it again.

I also posted a SFGHQ thread here.

The screenshots aren't particularly mesmerizing, in my opinion, but I drew all of the tiles and backgrounds for the ice level myself.

And one final screenshot of an old dev level working with touch controls:

Coderman64

Sound Test
Oct 2, 2019
coderman64.github.io
UPDATE!

After some work and performance upgrades, I decided it was about time to add some eye-candy.

So, I added an experimental motion blur/after-image mode. To toggle it on, press <i> to enter debug mode, then <m> to enable motion blur. When enabled, you'll get afterimages if your character's speed equals or exceeds the maximum speed they can reach under their own power. (AKA when Sonic goes into his leg-spinning animation). As always, you can find a playable demo online at https://coderman64.github.io/motobug-engine/.

Tell me what you think! (If I get good feedback, I might enable it by default).

Here are some screenshots with all three characters:

I_AM_NOONE_LOL

dead account
Sep 9, 2018
Okay, so, after some discussion with the what's left of Owarisoft, we have come to decide to cancel Dr. Yundong. It was by no means an easy decision, but pretty much nobody is motivated to work on it anymore, and we generally feel the project has become a zombie of some sort. As such, I will be dumping a bunch of videos and screenshots here, and I'll even throw in some extras as well.

Credits
  • BinBowie - Project leader, soundtrack composer, artist, concepts, character designer, dialogue writer
  • VAdaPEGA - Artist, made sound effects, concepts, character designer
  • Novedicus - Programmer, level designer, character designer
  • Natsumi - Programmer, made AMPS
  • TheStoneBanana - Programmer, artist, character designer
  • LooneyDude - Artist
  • Mr. Cat - Artist
  • LuigiXHero - Level designer
  • Dragon Wolf Leo - Character designer
  • TheBlurCafe - Character designer
  • Misinko - Dialogue writer
  • Brent Rigby - Diagloue writer
  • Ozaleto - Betatesting
  • staticj3ff - Betatesting
  • MarkeyJester - Made Dual PCM
  • Pablo's Corner - "Good Night" sample
  • KingOfHarts - Being a character in the game
  • JoenickROS - Being the main villain of the game
Notes
  • For level names, the smiley and sad faces represent "act 1" and " act 2" respectively.
  • Lover's sprites were originally done in the Sonic 1 art style, but most of them have been changed to VAdaPEGA's art style.
  • There's a lot of placeholder/unfinished assets here.

Art by BinBowie, VAdaPEGA, TheStoneBanana, and LooneyDude

Art by VAdaPEGA and TheStoneBanana

This level was based on Russian video game stereotypes, hence the Tetris blocks everywhere and the bootleg enemy. (The pink cat is "Pink Jelly", a reference to Super New Year Cart 15-in-1)

Art by BinBowie and LooneyDude

This level was going to use that graphics priority bug/"feature" to emulate Sonic Mania's Studiopolis windows, and possibly also use it for a spotlight hazard, since in this level, Lover is on the run.

Art by BinBowie

This level was going to be a shoot 'em up, with the enemies being UFOs and the final boss being a giant kitsune.

Note: The layout here was a placeholder.

Art by BinBowie

The art here was a placeholder. It was planned to be redone by VAdaPEGA.

This was the boss for act 1. Fail the quiz and lose a life. Questions were randomized.

Art by Mr. Cat

This level was based on American stereotypes. It was going to have Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson as bosses, and your goal was to rescue Abraham Lincoln.

Art by Mr. Cat

This level was going to be an abandoned, haunted carnival/circus.
Art by VAdaPEGA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR5AAPqjPRQ
All art here was obviously placeholder. Background art was at least done by VAdaPEGA and Mr. Cat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgzUmCsXBYU
It was called a "trip", because in the game, Lover was going to trip out on mushrooms and hallucinate the special stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1psVQa0is0
The overworld was going to be a place for shopping, sidemissions, and overall navigation. Shown here was just the base engine and some implemented assets.

I_AM_NOONE_LOL

dead account
Sep 9, 2018
...and double post because lol 20 image limit.

Ala Sonic CD, you could use the Sound Test to unlock some bonus images. Here they are:

By TheStoneBanana

By Novedicus and BinBowie

By Novedicus

By LuigiXHero