don't click here

Old Sonic fan games

ScarlyNight

Legendary Moderation
Aug 29, 2017
the Netherlands
Pretty much what it says on the title. This thread will be about old Sonic fan games from back when the shift key was the only way to jump and momentum was nonexistent. Good for having a talk about the ones we used to love o̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e, or to post links to fan games once thought lost to time...

Reactions: Sternosaur

TheBlurCafe

Has been killed 33 times by SFGHQ members
Sep 1, 2017
Your nearest Cafe
This is definitely something that was needed around here.
Personally, I find old Sonic fan games to have a sort of weird charm despite their very limited technical capabilities:
The use of MIDIs for the soundtrack, the wonky physics and the over usage of lanky Sonic sprites that were supposed to represent Sonic's Adventure look.
I'd go more in depth but I'd love to see what you guys think about old Sonic fan games as well.

BlueSpeedster

Eternal Mystery…
Oct 16, 2017
That old Sonic Adventure 2 fan game that was made before the ACTUAL Sonic Adventure 2 was announced
It was... quite the experience.

SonicSkeit

Green Hill Zone
Sep 4, 2017
Anyone has a downloadable SAGE 2008 Demo of Sonic Frenzy Adventure (SFA)?
It's an old fan game by BlueFrenzy I found nowhere for downloading even with Wayback Machine

BlueSpeedster

Eternal Mystery…
Oct 16, 2017

Here's the video about the Sonic Adventure 2 fan game, it also shows Sonic Millenium Edition (Yes, the word millennium is misspelled)
That fan game is quite the exprience like I said before

Reactions: SkrappJaw

TheBlurCafe

Sep 1, 2017
Your nearest Cafe
Anyone has a downloadable SAGE 2008 Demo of Sonic Frenzy Adventure (SFA)?
It's an old fan game by BlueFrenzy I found nowhere for downloading even with Wayback Machine
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11tqwHek0f-ov_pjMdpWoFVK_yZQEFJCp/view?usp=sharing

This is the demo I have, tho it seems to be from around 2005 instead...
Also that Sonic Adventure 2 fan game was neat, but also weird, why bring back Gamma?
Speaking of, it would be a nice idea to include downloads for these old gems.

BlueSpeedster

Eternal Mystery…
Oct 16, 2017
Also that Sonic Adventure 2 fan game was neat, but also weird, why bring back Gamma?
I dunno, plus there is many more after this like Sonic Chaos Battles

Just watch until the final boss, a code error will await you... Literary, it will await you. (I think)

TheBlurCafe

Sep 1, 2017
Your nearest Cafe
I also suggest looking at ScaleyFoxy's vids, he/she made a lot of vids about old Sonic fan games.
Most of which I didn't even know lmao.

SonicSkeit

Green Hill Zone
Sep 4, 2017
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11tqwHek0f-ov_pjMdpWoFVK_yZQEFJCp/view?usp=sharing

This is the demo I have, tho it seems to be from around 2005 instead...
Speaking of, it would be a nice idea to include downloads for these old gems.
Thanks, but what I am looking for is actually the demo at SAGE 2008 (supposed to include 5 zones – more than any other demos I've played at SAGE so far)

Thanks, anyway.

ScarlyNight

Legendary Moderation
Aug 29, 2017
the Netherlands
Thanks, but what I am looking for is actually the demo at SAGE 2008 (supposed to include 5 zones – more than any other demos I've played at SAGE so far)

Thanks, anyway.

I unfortunately do not have that version of Frenzy Adventure in my grasp, sorry.

However, I do have something else I'd like to share...
Do you guys remember 2006's Sonic Turbo? Well, it was apparently supposed to have a sequel titled "Sonic Turbo 2".
I've recently come across this old demo while searching for old fan games.
For the safety of everyone (because I do not want your PC affected by tacky sites), I've reuploaded it over on Dropbox for you to download and play.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j95x3tlw7xch3zn/Sonic Turbo 2 Demo.zip?dl=0

TheBlurCafe

Sep 1, 2017
Your nearest Cafe
As in, this Sonic Turbo?

Never played it, but it looks cool, also aren't those Sonic SV2's sprites?
One last question, but you said you were searching for old fan games, could you please tell us where, as in, the wayback machine archives or your old files?

ScarlyNight

Legendary Moderation
Aug 29, 2017
the Netherlands
...you said you were searching for old fan games, could you please tell us where, as in, the wayback machine archives or your old files?
I mostly do my searching via the Wayback Machine. I've seen a lot of sites out there that have old fan games on them, this site was recently discovered to have some of them. I would also recommend checking out the old fan games thread on the Sonic Retro forums, as people have been finding a lot of older fan games over there. (where also the site I just posted was discovered)

SonicSkeit

Green Hill Zone
Sep 4, 2017
I unfortunately do not have that version of Frenzy Adventure in my grasp, sorry.

However, I do have something else I'd like to share...
Do you guys remember 2006's Sonic Turbo? Well, it was apparently supposed to have a sequel titled "Sonic Turbo 2".
I've recently come across this old demo while searching for old fan games.
For the safety of everyone (because I do not want your PC affected by tacky sites), I've reuploaded it over on Dropbox for you to download and play.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j95x3tlw7xch3zn/Sonic Turbo 2 Demo.zip?dl=0
Thanks to AsuharaMoon, I've got that old 2008 demo at Sonic Retro and SSRG.

As to Sonic Turbo 2, I guess you mean this one http://soahcity.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2708-sonic-turbo-2-demo-revised/#comment-59785

I just beat it several days ago, and found that crane swinging quite impressive.

WizToad

Marble Zone
Apr 13, 2018
UK
Chaomega probably deserves a mention since it looks and plays quite impressive for a game made back in the early 2000s (I think the game was released back in 2001 but I might be wrong so don't quote me on that).

ScarlyNight

Legendary Moderation
Aug 29, 2017
the Netherlands
UFS is probably the most recognizable one out there. Since it's a Flash game, it was hosted on a lot of sites. Recently replayed it and while it's weird to play, it's a nice emulation of the Advance-styled gameplay.

Rock the Harty

I didn't age as well as Sonic.
I've been on quite the Sonic binge recently after playing through Mania. Did anyone on here ever fall for SRB2 and the wealth of content available online for it? I always wanted to create something for that, but I never could get the hang the available tools. Probably should have been more patient...orz