don't click here

Fan Game Ninjakoopas: Heroes of Light [NOW RECRUITING!]

DashNK

The Shell Saint
???: SILENCE!!!! TO ALL....
DID YOU KNOW?? IT IS TIME....! THE END, IS NEAR. ALL, SHALL... F A L L!!!!!!!!
The Seven... SPRINT Stones... Will be mine... and I... WILL R U L E T H E W O R L D
*Evil Demonic Distorted Laughter*

NInjakoopas: Heroes of Light is an upcoming Fan-Game by The Shellsquad, NKGaming, and DashNK himself. Race Through 17 Areas as Dash and Strike and Blast Through Prison Chambers as Jem and Ember, to save all from eternal darkness on the world of Mushroom Planet.

Back-Story:
2002, An unknown threat has risen, Little does our little scaly friend known as Dash realize, he was granted an enormous amount of energy from The Seven Star Spirits, along with his 3 brothers, Strike, Jem, and Ember, Each Granted with their own special ability.

Main-Story:
During the summer of 2005, a great disaster had struck Dash and his Bros.' hometown, Shatterville. It wasn't too late after, a mysterious Cyber-Demon-like creature whom looked a lot like a Shy-Guy, Threatened Dash and his Brother Strike, to not get in the way of his plans face the consequences of Death, However, Dash refuses to listen and sets forward on a quest to save the Crosslands Kingdom, and the entire world.

Select Previews:

Will Dash and his fellow brother, Strike, be able to save the world? Find out in Ninjakoopas: Heroes of Light!

Credits
Sprites:
Dash and Strike: NO-Body the Dragon, GamerZ1, DashNK, Mumbo McBurger, BT

The "Golden Gadget" (HUD) : BT, DashNK

Great Gorge - Section 1:
Tiles - DashNK, BT
Background - DashNK, BT

Cargo Canyon - Section 1:
Tiles - DashNK, BT
Background - Sonic Team, DashNK

Lightning Lift - Section 1:
Tiles - DashNK, BT
Background - DashNK, BT

Red Rift - Section 2:
Tiles - Sly4Good, DashNK, Sonic Team,
Background - Ziggums

Objects (? Blocks, Coins, Springs, ETC.):
Nintendo, DashNK, BT

Enemies:
Goombot - Nintendo, DashNK, xHardlyNormal

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Tails Soup

Misinko

Feel the the fire! Break your vision!
Aug 29, 2017
Characters are lookin' a little small in comparison to their environments/objects in their environment. Might wanna scale your objects down some so everything blends together better.

Reactions: DashNK

DimensionWarped

Resuming Dangerous Status
Aug 29, 2017
I'll keep an eye on it, but you might want to put a little more work into having a cohesive style. Different sized unit 'pixels' make things look messy in some areas. This is especially apparent in the large goomba sprite and the spring.

Clouder

The one and only
Aug 29, 2017
Oh hey, Dash! It's been a while, hasn't it? Your game's looking top-notch sprite-wise, despite the springs and the goomba slightly clashing. Keep it up!

Mors

maryo flashback
Aug 29, 2017
Kebabland
www.mors-games.com
oof

I can't really comment on the gameplay, but the idea sounds cool. the graphics seems to be all over the place. There are a lot of stuff that are resized 2x, resulting with pixel sizes that don't match. There's also some style and palette inconsistency, especially on the title screen.

DashNK

The Shell Saint
Oh hey, Dash! It's been a while, hasn't it? Your game's looking top-notch sprite-wise, despite the springs and the goomba slightly clashing. Keep it up!
Yo man! Thanks for the Input!
Quick note: Sonic Boost is still in the making but its on hold due to this project.

oof

I can't really comment on the gameplay, but the idea sounds cool. the graphics seems to be all over the place. There are a lot of stuff that are resized 2x, resulting with pixel sizes that don't match. There's also some style and palette inconsistency, especially on the title screen.

I'm starting to see what you guys are saying, Pixel-wise it does need some polishing. The Goombot is supposed to be that big, but I gotta tone down the pixels a bit. As for the palette, I have no plans for a dynamic palette, Its multicolored for a reason, It's trying to mimic the classic games, yet be original on it's own color spectrum.
Along with that, the Title Screen does look off-style and I'm aware, Will be changed as soon as I can get around to it. If you guys have any more questions or constructive criticism on graphics let me know so I can add/fix them.

Reactions: Clouder

WizToad

Marble Zone
Apr 13, 2018
UK
Looks really interesting so far! I will say the graphics kinda swtich between good and messy every now and then. In some areas, the sprites look beautifully with lots of colour and detail in them. Other times though... it looks unpolished and kinda all over the place. One example of this is the background in the first screenshot. But apart from that, keep up the good work my guy.