don't click here

My SAGE Reviews for 2017

BlazeHedgehog

Green Hill Zone
Aug 13, 2017
blazehedgehog.tumblr.com

Hm. I guess this is the right place to put these? Anyway, as usual, over at TSSZ we post reviews of every game at SAGE and in the last 2-3 years those duties have been split evenly between Louis and I. This year, Louis is off setting up for New York Comic-Con so just like the olden days I have to review all 40+ games by myself. It equals out to about 7 games per day.

Review Slew #1: Allegro, Crash N.Tense Adventure, Twilight Revelation, Sonic NG, SA Reloaded, Unlimited Tree's Sonic 1 and Sonic 06 Remake
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/10/02/sage-2017-review-slew-1/

Review Slew #2: Sonic Advance Revamped, Arcus 2D, Astral World, Dash Cats, Dreamscape, Sonic & Shantae, Project Twisted and Sonic Doll Adventure
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/10/03/sage-2017-review-slew-2/

Review Slew #3: Battle Cross FEVER, Sonic 2 HD, Sonic Beyond the Speed, Sonic Districts, Sonic MAX, Donnie the Chao: Final Mix, Sonic the Sketchhog: Episode 2
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/10/04/sage-2017-review-slew-3/

Review Slew #4: Art of Running, Bingo the Multiva, Emerald Race, Rebuild of Shadow Dream, Sonic Frost, Sonic Anniversary, Sonic Panic, Sonic the Hedgehog The Home Saver
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/10/05/sage-2017-review-slew-4/

Review Slew #5: Petit Hedgehog, Chao Island Resort, The Big Blow Up, Memories of a Hedgehog, Sonic Islands, Sonic Project Purple, Forces of Mobius, and Sonic Zones
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/10/06/sage-2017-review-slew-5/

Review Slew #6: Clash Force 2, Hyper's Quest, Sonic AGES, Sonic Legacy, Sonic Rush Legacy, Sonic World, Super Mario Flashback
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/10/07/sage-2017-review-slew-6/

Last edited:

Sean Robinson

Green Hill Zone
Sep 30, 2017
I'm sorry the content in Sonic Doll Adventure is so sparse. I only started working on it after I realized there were only a few days left until the SAGE 2017 deadline. I'll try to make a revamped and more impressive v2.0 for next year.

BlazeHedgehog

Green Hill Zone
Aug 13, 2017
blazehedgehog.tumblr.com
I'm sorry the content in Sonic Doll Adventure is so sparse. I only started working on it after I realized there were only a few days left until the SAGE 2017 deadline. I'll try to make a revamped and more impressive v2.0 for next year.
Haha, I don't think you need to apologize. Spoilers: I really liked it! And I reviewed the version last night, before you added Shadow

Unlimited Trees

Going home
Aug 28, 2017
Space
>goes to review 1
>turns out UTS1 is there but isn't included in the list in the OP

Besides that, I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the "mini game" sections, the WASD (which is never gonna change, the main controls anyways), and the fact that you have to use three control set ups at once. The Puyo section was hacked up in a few long nights with my very little knowledge of the shit stain that is Construct 2. Construct 2 is pretty much one of the main reasons for this game sucking. Also for my lack of knowledge but bleh. This was originally going to be a one act game, hence why I added a road block in the first zone, but then this became a full project and I decided to make every zone have a mini game. Anyways I thank you for the criticism and I'm glad you like the look of the game.

BlazeHedgehog

Green Hill Zone
Aug 13, 2017
blazehedgehog.tumblr.com
>goes to review 1
>turns out UTS1 is there but isn't included in the list in the OP

Besides that, I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the "mini game" sections, the WASD (which is never gonna change, the main controls anyways), and the fact that you have to use three control set ups at once. The Puyo section was hacked up in a few long nights with my very little knowledge of the shit stain that is Construct 2. Construct 2 is pretty much one of the main reasons for this game sucking. Also for my lack of knowledge but bleh. This was originally going to be a one act game, hence why I added a road block in the first zone, but then this became a full project and I decided to make every zone have a mini game. Anyways I thank you for the criticism and I'm glad you like the look of the game.
Thanks for the reminder -- I wrote the list of games in the article last night at like 4am, so I just missed it. Adding it now!

JMan

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 4, 2017
I can't wait to see how you review it just a heads up its Battle Cross FEVER!

MeyerGames

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 23, 2017
www.patreon.com
Here's today's reviews: Sonic Advance Revamped, Sonic Arcus 2D, Astral World, Dash Cats, Sonic Dreamscape, Sonic & Shantae Adventure, Sonic: Project Twisted and Sonic Doll Adventure
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/10/03/sage-2017-review-slew-2/
These are great reviews, and they give me an idea of what I should check out at SAGE. Keep it up.
By the way, I'm the one who made Lloyd the Monkey last year and I wanted to thank you for giving it a good review last year and let you know the finished game is on the site if you want to play it.

Reactions: BlazeHedgehog

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
Heyyy nice, looks like you liked my Crash game! Tyrzi did the animations btw, I did the level art, and yeah, didn't have time to make the stages as pretty as I would've liked, I only gave myself like 2 weeks to get the stages done after finishing the graphics, kinda just ran out of time. But yeah, hopefully we'll manage to keep the game moving forward, next time without such a tight(-ish) deadline! I'd say the demo is good enough for the 3 months of working on it so far tho.

BlazeHedgehog

Green Hill Zone
Aug 13, 2017
blazehedgehog.tumblr.com
Heyyy nice, looks like you liked my Crash game! Tyrzi did the animations btw, I did the level art, and yeah, didn't have time to make the stages as pretty as I would've liked, I only gave myself like 2 weeks to get the stages done after finishing the graphics, kinda just ran out of time. But yeah, hopefully we'll manage to keep the game moving forward, next time without such a tight(-ish) deadline! I'd say the demo is good enough for the 3 months of working on it so far tho.
Whoa, three months? That's pretty impressive.

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
Hah yeah, I started at the very end of June (29th, says the date on some of the files) and kinda just constantly worked on the project, thooo I did have 2 week break due to some conventions and trips away from home. The game definitely wasn't that charming during the first day, tho funnily enough I still use the same camera system lol

JMan

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 4, 2017
Article 3 is away~

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/10/04/sage-2017-review-slew-3/

Cross Battle Fever, Sonic 2 HD, Sonic Beyond the Speed, Sonic Districts, Sonic MAX, Donnie the Chao: Final Mix, Sonic the Sketchhog: Episode 2
Thanks for the reviews you pretty much nailed it on the spot, yea it plays more around like Treasure/SEGA's Guardian Heroes. I don't mean to bug you if you don't mind can you change the name to Battle Cross FEVER, XP. Really like all your reviews for all the games you've been doing

Megaspit

Scootin' and pootin'
Aug 29, 2017
www.readgiggles.com
I see you're going to be looking at my game tomorrow. I'm not sure if you downloaded all of the SAGE games in bulk on day one like some people did, but if you did, I just ask that you download the new version of Sonic Panic that I uploaded yesterday. It fixes several issues that original upload had. Thank you!

Megaspit

Scootin' and pootin'
Aug 29, 2017
www.readgiggles.com
Thanks, man! (I'm trying to figure out if " level design that feels like it may have been pulled out of a long lost Amiga game" is a good thing, or what exactly that implies. It's in the middle of a few compliments, so I'm guessing it's not a bad thing. Haha)