Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Tutorial MMF2/CF2 Random Example Assortment

Discussion in 'Creation Labs' started by Metalsonic3, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Metalsonic3

Metalsonic3 E Rank Member

It's taking a while for my actual showcase submission to get approved for whatever reason so I'll just post this as a thread for now.

So hey, here's a little example/tutorial thing for Fusion users. I mainly made these for beginners but there's definitely some more fancier stuff too, mainly sinewave stuff. I'm not the best at teaching stuff and I don't concider myself a Fusion pro either buuut hey, I hope someone can find some use from this! :D

• Camera centering in the middle of multiple objects, for something like Smash Bros with multiple players
    • Smooth camera follow system, for making a camera/object that smoothly follows the player or another object
    • Mouse controlled camera - two versions, for top-town shooters or something alike
    • Parallax effect through layer settings, for a very simplified and easy parallax system with no events needed
    • Randomly spawning rain, for making rain or snow or anything alike
    • Smoke cloud effect, for smoke or dust or whatever
    • Simple automated depth system, for easily bringing objects to front or to the back to simulate depth
    • Bouncing wanna-be-physics rubble, for making rubble that bounces and slows down and eventually disappears
    • Shoot objects to multiple directions at once - two versions, for spawning Sonic's rings or shooting bullet-hell bullets
    • Line that connects from two ends, for making a line that connects from two ends!
    • Segmented like that "connects" from two ends, for having multiple seperate objects create the line
    • Mousetrail, for mousetrail similiar to that in Super Mario Galaxy for example
    • Afterimage / blur effect for an object, to create afterimages for objects moving fast
    • Up and down waving object with sinewave, for making anything that waves back and forth smoooothly
    • Left and right swinging pole, another example for sinewave, for making swinging platforms
    • Super Sonic examples with sinewave, a smoothly pulsating glowing effect and emeralds rotating in 3D-manner
    • Fake 3D turning sign, for making a Sonic goalpost or anything else that flips and flaps
    • Fake 3D rotating block (quite abit of a mess), for making 3D-like rotating blocks or platforms
    • Animation speed that changes on depending on value, converting a value such as 0 - 15 to Fusion's regular 0 - 100
    • Custom animation speed system, for going past Fusion's animation speed limits and for going in reverse
    • Surface shadow for player, for giving a platformer game characters a shadow
    • Simple back and forth platformer AI, for making a super simple back and forth AI for enemies
    • Select closest object, for auto-aim or for stuff like homing attack targeting
    • Letter by letter appearing text, for making dialogue appear bit by bit
    • Bar you click and drag to adjust, for stuff like volume control
    • Simple menu screen - two versions, for making a mouse or keyboard controlled main menu
    • Quality example, for showcasing Fusion's two quality settings (0 and 1)

Showcase version should eventually come up through this link: https://sonicfangameshq.com/forums/showcase/random-example-assortment-for-fusion.241/
    I got a couple of extensions included in the showcase version just in case

I can try to do more example stuff if you guys want more, from doing even simpler stuff to more fancier things, I wanna try to help bring more Fusion examples/tutorials to this site since the old SFGHQ was the main resource for me when I was trying to figure out new things with Fusion like 10 years ago.

pic3.png pic4.png pic6.png

Attached Files: