don't click here

Looking for Critique on Chaotix Fan Game

Psychii

Green Hill Zone
Jun 29, 2019
So I'm currently working on a visual novel based on the game Knuckles' Chaotix using a fan game engine made for of all things, Ace Attorney fan games. The game is still in fairly early development. I've been having some pretty noticeable graphical issues I have to figure/iron out as well as finishing the story, adding more playable characters and polishing up the presentation. The most notable graphical change I have to make is the inclusion of Heavy who is just Omega sprites. I'm really looking for critiques and opinions though. Especially on if I should make this a more linear visual novel experience or a more open-ended one. I experimented making the first half linear and the second half less for now.

For those unfamiliar with Ace Attorney, the game (and this one) are logic based puzzle solvers. Ace Attorney is a court game where you have to prove your clients innocent, in this you're merely one of six members of a discussion throwing out evidence and trying to piece together what is going on.

Here's a link to the current early v0.1.2 version.

http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=109100