Fan Game I'm working on my first ROM hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvAn4X

Press Start Screen
Feb 5, 2018
I'm currently working on my first ROM hack in which you will have to avoid special stages rings (except for the last one)

in this ROM hack you will have to avoid every single special stage rings because if you don't you are going to get softlocked, but do not avoid the last one because you still have to get the emeralds. it is a little buggy because it's a WIP for now but in a few weeks i may be able to finish it with my basic dev skills.

i don't know how it should be called yet but i'll work on all that later.

Attachments

SunkythePootis

Green Hill Zone
Sep 4, 2017
I don't know anything about the process of making a rom hack myself but I think you could have done the whole "Avoid the Special Stage ring" concept better. Instead of having the game softlock upon touching one of the giant rings, you could have the player lose 10 rings and get teleported back to the last checkpoint if they touched one and if they touched a giant ring with no rings then they'd lose a life and would have to start the whole stage all over again.
It's not much but I think this combined with maybe some custom level layouts could made the concept more fun to play because trust me when I say constantly resetting the game or abusing save states just to avoid game crashes isn't exactly what I would call fun.

IvAn4X

Press Start Screen
Feb 5, 2018
something like that was the whole idea but i got stuck because 1st: for the special ring to appear you need 50 rings
2: i didn't find myself able to change the actions of an item so i had to make it like that
maybe if i get better at hacking one day i will be able to do that

Great Lange

The Great Lange
Apr 26, 2017
The Land of Waldos
Hello Ivan, your thread grazes the minimum requirements for a project thread, but due to the lacking and vague nature of the description and images, we're locking this one. Please make a thread when your project has more substantial material.

Reactions: IvAn4X
Status
Not open for further replies.