don't click here

I'm tired of Sonic being Family Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rendangbike

Sonic never said "Gotta go fast"
Sep 26, 2021
The closest thing to a T-rated Sonic game would be the Archie comics (Pre-SGW) and Sonic X (Japanese version).

But there were never videogames based on those adaptations and I want videogames based on those adaptations, I don't want all those ideas, story, lore, characters etc. To be trapped forever in those adaptations.
I'm talking mainline since your "proof" includes SA games, oh wait, they're E10! I think when you want the Sonic franchise to be "not family friendly", I think you want Sonic to be more "serious" like the SA games.

Nbisbo

Press Start Screen
Oct 9, 2021
guys I think JPC is a troll seeing as this mess is still going on.

Last edited:

JPC

Green Hill Zone
Dec 3, 2019
guys I think JPC is a troll seeing as this mess is still going on.
I am not a troll. I am a person like any other. I just want to vent that Sonic is not what it used to be.

And Sega wasted a lot of potential with the blue hedgehog. Well, it had a lot of opportunities and it has wasted them all. The Archie comics were the only opportunity for Sonic to be reborn with video games based on those comics, since they had a great story, an extensive lore and were focused to a older audience.

And what did Sega do? They infantilized them due to the Penders case and then canceled those comics and bye-bye Sonic game based on the comics with a dark and serious story with themes not suitable for young children and characters like Sally and the Freedom Fighters would have been canon.

If there is something that I have learned in life is this phrase and it is the following.

"He who will not risk cannot win".

Sadly Sega didn't dare to risk to make a Sonic videogame based on Archie's comics and neither in an adaptation that Sonic had that also had opportunities to have a videogame and never had it. And if there was any videogame based on those adaptations, these are just videogames that are like more of the bunch and have nothing to highlight and most of them are forgotten by people as is the case of Dr. Robotnik Mean Bean Machine and Sonic X game for Leapster Frog.

In fact. There are developers making good games that are on par with the blue hedgehog. But most are brand new IPs as is the case with Freedom Planet and that leaves you wanting to play Sonic and other characters from his multiple universes, not a character that no one knows.

I've never thought that being a Sonic fan was harder than one would expect. To the point that the character you love so much becomes a zombie franchise with the sole purpose of selling regardless of the quality of the products and not allowing people to make good games for the love of art and prefer to focus on a single developer studio that is no longer the same as it was a long time ago. Yes, I'm talking to you Sonic Team.

In conclusion. Sonic became like one of those TV series that are still on the air but are no longer as they were before and because it has become more simple and childish than it seems.

Lightnik

Certified Sonic Maniac
Apr 27, 2021
an ancient past
It is actually a bit unfair to say that Sonic became more Family Friendly if you do a little research on Sonic's history you realize that Sonic was not thought with serious stories in mind if not quite the opposite.

prove this is as easy as reading the Sonic manuals from the 90's or looking at both the first American Sonic serie or the first sonic managa

Status
Not open for further replies.