don't click here

How come there's no Sonic Spinball fangames?

X Spranp

Green Hill Zone
May 26, 2021
If there's one thing I really want to exist, it's a Sonic Spinball tribute, a fangame, remake, or something else entirely. I have been looking all over the internet just to find someone who cares about this game at all besides me. I have been trying endlessly to create my own Sonic Spinball framework/engine, but I cannot make one that functions similar to it.

I wish people atleast gave one crap about this game. I love this game. It just has so much potential. I've wanted to make my own fangame of it for so long, or atleast see some sort of tribute to it.

Last edited:

X Spranp

Green Hill Zone
May 26, 2021
It's not, I really dont understand the hate for Sonic Spinball. It's not a bad game, It really isn't. It's honestly my favorite Sonic game, and the only one I've replayed a thousand times. The only reason people hate Spinball is because it's hard. And it's only hard because you haven't bothered to go to the options menu, set the speed to Fast. This makes the game MUCH easier, and way easier to even control. It doesn't feel sluggish, suddenly all problems from the game are gone.

The game has awesome level design, creative and memorable design choices, an awesome Robotnik design, great music, and is fun in general.

Spinball has tons of potential for fangames. The concept is amazing, and is seriously one of the best underrated Sonic games.

Arrietty

Marble Zone
Aug 20, 2020
Sonic Spinball fangame is a concept I'd love to give a shot at some day but I'm far too busy with other projects and I don't think I have it in me to make a good pinball game.

Maybe a tribute level as a pinball stage would be cool