don't click here

Others Hello, my name is Arcade Renegade

Arcade Renegade

Green Hill Zone
Mar 24, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
www.twitch.tv
Hi all, I'm Arcade Renegade - an indie game developer from Los Angeles, and a variety streamer over on Twitch. I'm new here to the Sonic Fan Games HQ community.

I love all things involving classic 2D video games - those are the types of games that I play, develop, and stream on Twitch! I also stream a few modern games on occasion, such as Pokémon GO, Among Us, and Minesweeper. And on super rare occasions, I even stream development work, such as game coding, level design, and pixel art. I'm hoping to help shed light to the public on what it's like to live as a game developer, as well as to meet new people in the process. My ultimate dream is to get (at least one) video game published on the Nintendo Switch, (as well as on Steam). Fingers crossed that day comes.

Favorite Game Series:
  • Pokémon
  • Super Mario
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Kirby
  • Metroid
Favorite Retro Systems:
  • NES
  • Super NES
  • Genesis
  • Game Boy
  • Game Boy Advance
  • Game Gear / Master System

I'm currently developing an original title "Floatie Toucan", which is being made using Game Maker Studio 2, for Windows & Mac. It is a classic retro-styled "breakout" game, that takes heavy inspiration from 8-bit titles such as "Kirby's Block Ball" for Game Boy. I'm hoping to submit a demo of the game for SAGE 2021 later this year. I also plan to stream portions of its game dev process live on Twitch throughout the coming months.

I can be followed on social media as follows:

Twitch: twitch.tv/Arcade_Renegade
Twitter: twitter.com/Arcade_Renegade
Instagram: instagram.com/Arcade_Renegade

Random fact about me: While I was in graduate school, I interned for Yacht Club Games for five months, back in early 2017. I helped contribute on Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, as well as Shovel Knight: Showdown - the former was released in March 2017 as a launch title for the Nintendo Switch, and the latter was released in December 2019. I've experienced all ends of the game dev lifecycle - beginning, middle, and end. But I still have much to learn as an up-and-coming developer.

Anyways, I hope to become more active here at SGFHQ, as well as to make everyone's acquaintances. :)