FoxConED (Egor The Cat)
Green Hill Zone
- Feb 11, 2018
It's time for Hellfire Saga to be released after 5 years - and that time period is quite a saga in of itself.
In that time, the game has gone from an amateur little Sonic 3 and Knuckles hack to a full-fledged game project with a development history worthy of a whole book, with lots of time dedicated to the concept, development, audio and visuals.
Red Miso Studio finally opens a portal to the devil's frying pan... so try not to get fried in the first few minutes.
Red Miso Studios Staff
These are the people who have stayed with us until the end.
They are the ones who have made this game possible.
- FoxConED -- Red Miso Studios founder, project lead, music lead, music composing and arranging, programming, some visual design, programming development tools
- Narcologer -- Project lead, main game concept, bosses, enemies, general programming
- TheBlad768 -- Programming lead, SCE game engine, bosses, general programming, level gimmicks, art rips, music ports
- pixelcat -- Art and level design lead, tilesets and backgrounds, sprites, animations, level layouts and gimmicks, logo and UI art, writing
- Sergey ESN -- Extensive sprite art contributions
- VAdaPEGA -- Sprite art, minor SFX design
- Dolphman -- Sprite art
- CatswellMeow -- Sprite art
- SoS -- Final boss concept art
- MarkeyJester -- Final boss implementation, some art, general programming
- ProjectFM -- Bosses, general programming
- lavagaming1 -- Object programming
- EpsilionDubwool -- Level design, writing
- Gerry Trevino -- Music composing
- GENATAR_i -- Music composing and arranging
- Yamahearted -- Music composing and arranging
- N-BAH -- Music arranging
- Hotmilk -- Writing
- Solareyn Eylinor -- Tie-in animations, cutscene supervision
- sndk -- Major support
These are the people who left the team before the project was complete.
We thank them for their contributions.
- VladislavSavvateev -- General programming, early splash screens, programming development tools
- SHooTeR -- General programming and programming development tools
- Trickster -- Sprite art, some help with the SCZ1 background
- Naoto -- Sprite art
- JustMe -- Sprite art
- Dakras -- Sprite art
- ViruSSoFT -- Writing
- SuperEgg -- Early level design
- LuigiXHero -- Early level design
- AURORA*FIELDS -- Programming, sound driver, error handler mods, level design
These people helped us iron out bugs and imperfections during the game's development.
Although they have not been a permanent part of the team, their open source or direct contributions have been invaluable to the project.
- Vladikcomper -- Programming, improved Kosinski, Nemesis alghorithms, Advanced Error Handler
- Flamewing -- Ultra DMA Queue, improved Kosinski Module alghorithm
- John Tay -- FDZ2 and credits music arrangement
- ralakimus -- HUD implementation and bugfixes
- cuberoot -- Help regarding programming development tools
- shinbaloonba -- Sonic and Tails sprites
- Skylights -- Tikal sprites
- teamhedgehog -- Honey sprites
- Gabriel_aka_Frag -- Rouge sprites
- VBL -- Early draft of the final boss art
If you're not on the above list of people and think we forgot you, contact us!
Art used from other games
As a Sonic hack and a tribute to other series, we have used art from various games to represent bosses and enemies.
Most of it has been heavily reworked, but we still want to give credit where it is due.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3K
- Castlevania (Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood, Dracula X, Symphony of Night, Super ~ 4, Java)
- Ghosts 'n Goblins (ARCADE), Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
- Kid Chameleon
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Splatterhouse 2
- Demon's Crest
- Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
- GS Mikami
- The Adventures of Batman & Robin
- Contra: Hard Corps
The soundtrack of the hack is comprised of both original music and covers.
The details for those can be found in the Sound Test.
We are grateful to every single one of you who have supported us over the course of these long five years. We hope to meet the same amount of support in our next ventures.